Tank Size Suggestions?

discretekarma

I used to have a 180 and then stepped away for a WHILE but wanting to get back in. I need something smaller than 180 for my current space. 

I decided I’d determine the perfect size setup and then see what I could find but I’m split between a few. 36” is about as long as I’d want to go. I really like the way 30” high looks but also ok with 24” high. It can’t go past 2” deep. 

I’m thinking a 65 or 80 xhigh would be ideal but wanted to see if the depth would be an issue for reef lighting or anything else about either that I might not be thinking about. 

I could possibly push to 48” length which opens a lot more options if the ones I mentioned aren’t good options.

Thanks in advance!

Edited by discretekarma

17 hours ago, discretekarma said:

I found a sca 50g Starfire pnp that I’m going to look at tomorrow. 48L is too long I’ve decided so I’m thinking I’ll either get the 50g or a 65g. 

The 36x18 50g or 65g are perfect for a small space. I have had both. I think I like the height of the 50 better than the 65.

Edited by treesprite

Go as deep as you can. If you can fit 24” deep, don’t settle for anything less. You could always do a 120 gallon 48x24 or the SCA 100 which I think is 48x24x20

The standard 120g (48”x24”x24”) is a nice place to start. Pretty readily available, and nice footprint for popular LEDs.

5 hours ago, discretekarma said:

Thanks for the replies! I ended up getting the sca 50g and it’s perfect!

I look forward to seeing it all set up.

On 2/14/2020 at 6:46 AM, wildcrazyjoker81 said:

SC Aquariums makes a 90 Cube that is 36x24x24, but that will have to be bought new as I am sure they are rare to find used. My buddy Matt just set one  up as an in wall and it is turning out very nice.

As Aaron said i went with a new 90 cube for my in wall but i still have this which is what I was going to use: