davelin315's 300 Gallon In Wall Reef Tank

Thanks Lance! I'm gonna have to change that title!

I went to BRK today (couldn't resist!) and bought an exquisite fairy wrasse, a yellow wrasse, a green mandarin, a bag frag blue tort out of the frag system, and even took home the Vlamingi tang that has been there since before time began. We're off for family pictures soon, but when I come home I'll take some pictures of the tank once the lights are on. It's very clear and things are looking up.

On a side note, I noticed yesterday when I was moving the bubble tip anemone that not only was it huge (about 10" across) but it had a very funny looking tentacle coming out of the mouth area. Well, what do you know, it was in the process of dividing when I moved it and it is now 2 anemones, both pretty large. I'll see if I can get a picture of that as well. This is the first time this one has divided, so I'll decide what to do about it later. It's kind of on its own little rock island right now, but it's easy for it to crawl across to the main rock structure.

Oh, and Bob - you beat me to the African leopard wrasse!

• Replies 446
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Wow, rockscape looks great. Finally the tank comes to life :)

Some updated photos from today.

A large nassarious snail climbing one of the ridges in the sand.

Inhabitants064.jpg

Inhabitants063.jpg

My dussumieri tangs. You can see one in the background as well.

Inhabitants062.jpg

The turaki frag I got from Chris Tran.

Inhabitants061.jpg

The Christmas Tree acro (supposedly a Sarmentosa, still not convinced of this, though). Coloration is difficult to determine from this, I'm not used to shooting in the tank itself. Everything is very washed out, gotta figure out the white balance setting that will make it more accurate and true coloration like the top down shots I took before.

Inhabitants060.jpg

Purple monster I bought from Chris Tran.

Inhabitants059.jpg

My blenny, no idea what kind. Got him at Fox Mill Pets before when they still had a very tiny saltwater section.

Inhabitants058.jpg

My new exquisite fairy wrasse from BRK.

Inhabitants057.jpg

Inhabitants056.jpg

The Royal Gramma that survived the fire. This thing is getting huge. It's the same size as the fairy wrasse already and probably will continue to grow in the larger system. I'm probably going to add a couple more to spice things up a bit.

Inhabitants055.jpg

The original. This is the three stripe damsel that started the tanks up again in my house when I had the old 58 in Kammie's room.

Inhabitants054.jpg

Inhabitants053.jpg

Here's a shot of the green bubble tip that I got from Mike Ling. It just split the night I put it into the tank. There are some better shots coming up.

Inhabitants052.jpg

The dussumieri tangs again. Really, this is the first time I've seen them sideways since I bought them at BRK. In these shots you can see that they are beginning to color up a tiny bit. I expect them to really take off now that they're in the bigger system.

Inhabitants051.jpg

Inhabitants050.jpg

The Vlamingi tang. You can see he's pretty beat up, but I don't think he ever looked any different. Hopefully he'll heal up a bit in a bigger system and develop into a good looking fish!

Inhabitants049.jpg

Inhabitants048.jpg

Inhabitants047.jpg

Inhabitants046.jpg

Inhabitants045.jpg

Back to the Dussumieri tangs again. Can you tell that I'm excited to see them? They school as much as two fish can school together.

Inhabitants044.jpg

Inhabitants043.jpg

Inhabitants042.jpg

Another shot of the exquisite fairy wrasse.

Inhabitants041.jpg

Inhabitants040.jpg

Inhabitants039.jpg

Not sure what kind of coral this is, looks a bit like the tort frag I bought today at BRK. It's very thin branched and has pronounced polyps. I got it at the frag workshop as a scrap and it has changed significantly since I got it. The frag itself is coloring up and the polyps are becoming more pronounced. I can't wait to see what it ends up like.

Inhabitants038.jpg

Blenny again.

Inhabitants037.jpg

Wrasse again.

Inhabitants036.jpg

Back to the frag! You can tell that I snap a lot of pictures and simply post them all without editing much!

Inhabitants035.jpg

Blenny.

Inhabitants034.jpg

Dussumieri.

Inhabitants033.jpg

Gramma.

Inhabitants032.jpg

Pacific blue and three stripe.

Inhabitants031.jpg

Inhabitants030.jpg

Christmas acro.

Inhabitants029.jpg

Inhabitants028.jpg

Inhabitants027.jpg

Purple Monster again. It lost some color when it was in the frag tray, I'm hoping that it evens out again in the tank.

Inhabitants026.jpg

Couple of the bag frags from BRK. One looks like a Lokani a bit, the other on the left, no idea...

Inhabitants025.jpg

The Dussumieri again. Interestingly, I bought the two of them at BRK but one had a white stripe on its tail and the other did not. Since then, the other one has developed this tail as well. I thought that it might be juvenile coloration as the one without it looked to be much bigger, but now that they both have it, I'll have to see what comes of it.

Inhabitants024.jpg

Inhabitants023.jpg

Inhabitants022.jpg

A view from below angled towards the top. You can see the Christmas acro in the background and the three stripe in the middle. The frags that are closest are Cali Tort frags I got from Leishman at the frag workshop. Unfortunately they got stung by something and I lost the tips, but it doesn't look to be receding any more since I moved them from where they were getting stung.

Inhabitants021.jpg

The Dussumieri again. They like to hang out in the corner with the clowns and anemones.

Inhabitants020.jpg

Inhabitants019.jpg

Inhabitants018.jpg

Right side of the tank (of course, the tangs are in there, too). You can see the clowns in the anemone on the bottom right side of the tank.

Inhabitants017.jpg

Looking at the tank from right to left facing slightly up. You can see the giant cave there.

Inhabitants016.jpg

Guess who again?

Inhabitants015.jpg

Inhabitants014.jpg

Inhabitants013.jpg

Inhabitants012.jpg

A "full" of the center tank shot. I want to get some growth out of tiny frags so that I can start my system off with lots of captive bred items.

Inhabitants011.jpg

The full tank shot.

Inhabitants010.jpg

TThe royal gramma. He doesn't get enough swimming room!

Inhabitants009.jpg

The Christmas acro again.

Inhabitants008.jpg

The Miyagi tort.

Inhabitants007.jpg

The Lokani again?

Inhabitants006.jpg

Inhabitants005.jpg

The anemone that split. You can see the stomach split in half on the one lower down.

Inhabitants004.jpg

Inhabitants003.jpg

Inhabitants002.jpg

You can see where it split by looking at the one down lower on the left side of the anemone.

Inhabitants001.jpg

Looking great, Dave! Is that a barnacle blenny? It's very cute!!

Tracy

Hey Tracy, not exactly sure what kind of blenny it is, but it's not a barnacle blenny. It's now about 4" long which I'm guessing is the full size that this type attains. It's pretty fat and not growing much longer.

Thanks Lance! I'm gonna have to change that title!

I went to BRK today (couldn't resist!) and bought an exquisite fairy wrasse, a yellow wrasse, a green mandarin, a bag frag blue tort out of the frag system, and even took home the Vlamingi tang that has been there since before time began. We're off for family pictures soon, but when I come home I'll take some pictures of the tank once the lights are on. It's very clear and things are looking up.

On a side note, I noticed yesterday when I was moving the bubble tip anemone that not only was it huge (about 10" across) but it had a very funny looking tentacle coming out of the mouth area. Well, what do you know, it was in the process of dividing when I moved it and it is now 2 anemones, both pretty large. I'll see if I can get a picture of that as well. This is the first time this one has divided, so I'll decide what to do about it later. It's kind of on its own little rock island right now, but it's easy for it to crawl across to the main rock structure.

Oh, and Bob - you beat me to the African leopard wrasse!

Cute, ain't he! I'll let Johnny QT him for me :)

bob

I went on a bit of a frag spree and bought a few new frags and added some new stuff.

Here's the short list, pictures to come:

Turaki (from Bendalat)

Stag x 2 (from Bendalat - thanks again!)

Suharonsi (spelling? - from Fins and Feathers)

Superman digitata (from Fins and Feathers)

Tricolor/Valida (from Fins and Feathers)

Lubbock's Fairy Wrasse

I'm also going to place an order with Dr. Mac to get some additional frags and then I think I'll call it quits for a bit and watch the system develop.

I'm also going to place an order with Dr. Mac to get some additional frags and then I think I'll call it quits for a bit and watch the system develop.

Uh huh... That's what we all say! ;)

I have got to work on my picture taking skills and adjusting the white balance on these shots... anyway, here's some pictures of my tank taken from inside with a Canon Digital Elph SD630 in an underwater case. I played around with angles a bit and there are a few pictures where the true coloration comes through, although the one of the Christmas Tree Acropora sarmentosa with the flash is not very accurate either. The best photos are the ones of the clowns in the anemone. This is after I deleted about 50 shots that were simply not in focus or were awful because of my lack of mastery of photography!

UnderwaterShots_017.jpg

Here's an astrea snail in the tank. I have a lot of these left over from my frag tray, but I'm not really too excited about adding them to the tank as they cannot right themselves if they take a tumble onto the sand bed. I will add them slowly, however, because they do a great job on the algae, but I need to find a better solution. Funny thing, the bag frag in the back is very clear, but when I tried to actually take a shot of it I couldn't get a clear photo. It's possibly a bottle brush, but I can't tell for sure.

UnderwaterShots_021.jpg

Here's the new Turaki frag from Bendalat. It's a lot greener than mine and the tips are a little bluer, although the one I have is starting to get bluer again now that it's in the new system. I struggled with lighting it properly once I added anemones to the frag tray as I had to shuffle tons of things around to protect all of the corals from getting stung and ended up with a lot of mesh in the system that prevented the flow from getting around and blocked off a lot of the light.

UnderwaterShots_025.jpg

Another shot of the Turaki.

UnderwaterShots_041.jpg

And another.

UnderwaterShots_036.jpg

Here's a shot of the Turaki I got from Chris Tran. The coloration is a bit different, but I'm wondering where the two different frags will end up.

UnderwaterShots_039.jpg

Zoomed in a bit on the existing Turaki. You can see where algae has taken over a couple of tips.

UnderwaterShots_028.jpg

Not sure what this frag is, but it's part of a donated coral for school. I decided to frag it in case anything happened to it and then I lost the original colony when the tank had a mishap with the auto top off. This is doing really well and is just sitting on the rock, so as soon as the school tank settles down again I'll put this in there. I made a few frags just to be safe so I'll probably keep the other ones or frag this one a couple of times and spread it out at school to ensure that it survives. Looking at Liveaquaria.com it looks a bit like A. microclados, but I'm not good at identifying any but the most obvious so no idea what it is.

UnderwaterShots_031.jpg

This is a Suharsonoi frag I picked up the other day from Fins and Feathers. It's purple right now and the last one I had I ended up burning a bit and it RTNd so this one is further down in the water column and is a bit shaded from the direct light. The polyps are green right now and are really coming out.

UnderwaterShots_002.jpg

Here's the bonded pair of clowns that I got as juveniles at PetCo a while back. They have developed nicely and I really like that they are misbarred. I wish they hadn't lost the orange face, but they still look cool. The anemone is the smaller half of the GBTA I added the other day. The majority of its body is underneath the rock and it's coming up through a small hole. I hope it doesn't divide again because of this as about 80% of it remains on the bottom of the rock and this part comes out to get to the light and feed. The positioning is great, but if it wanders...

UnderwaterShots_003.jpg

Another shot of them together.

UnderwaterShots_007.jpg

Another shot of the clown/anemone.

UnderwaterShots_051.jpg

One more, this time the Pacific Blue is trying to sneak through the shot.

UnderwaterShots_032.jpg

Here's the survivor of the fire - this Royal Gramma has been with us for a long time now and has been through a ton! He's the fish that lay gasping in my rock holding tank for a week before he actually swam away.

UnderwaterShots_033.jpg

Here's the Exquisite Fairy Wrasse on the right from BRK and the new Lubbock's Fairy Wrasse from FF on the left. Hard to see how colorful they are from this shot. They actually swim together and don't fight at all, which somewhat surprises me. As far as the yellow wrasse I added the other day, I haven't seen any signs of it since the one sighting. I'm hoping it's simply getting used to the tank and hiding in the back a lot.

UnderwaterShots_006.jpg

Here's a shot of the Christmas Tree Sarmentosa. You can see the white spot on the left side, that's where I fragged off a few tiny branches since I'm worried about the traveling GBTA.

UnderwaterShots_037.jpg

Another shot of it. The fragging spots are much more clear in this photo.

UnderwaterShots_038.jpg

Another shot of it zoomed in a bit.

UnderwaterShots_058.jpg

Here's one of the frags I cut from the Christmas Tree Sarmentosa. It's the largest one and the white is the dust from the dremel. It kind of powered its way into the flesh and wouldn't wash off, but the frag is doing well and the polyps are out.

UnderwaterShots_062.jpg

Here's another one of the frags. This one is not as big, but it's got a lot of good polyps on it.

UnderwaterShots_063.jpg

Here's the super tiny frag I cut. It's just a tip, but it's got a lot of radial corallites and it even looks like its developing another axial corallite as well.

UnderwaterShots_056.jpg

Here's a close up of the mother colony.

UnderwaterShots_055.jpg

Here's another where for some reason the flash went off. The true color is between this one and the last one. This one does, however, let you see the reddish base.

UnderwaterShots_054.jpg

Back to no flash again. You can see that the branches on the right side are coloring up with some blue or purple as well.

UnderwaterShots_035.jpg

Here's a somewhat crooked shot from the left side of the tank looking to the right. The frag tray on the far side should be flat...

UnderwaterShots_013.jpg

Here's the superman digitata I picked up at FF. It's got a very blue base and the polyps are red/maroon. I'll have to see how it develops as it adjusts to the light in my system. It's about halfway down the water column and I mounted it sideways so that it grows out and up.

UnderwaterShots_040.jpg

A close up of the superman digi.

UnderwaterShots_053.jpg

Another shot even closer.

UnderwaterShots_042.jpg

Here's my purple monster. It's kind of oddly colored and I'm not sure that it's an original or one of the morphs, but it's starting to get back to normal color again.

UnderwaterShots_044.jpg

Here's a tricolor/valida frag I picked up at FF. It's mounted a bit sideways so the bottom is very pale as it's being exposed to a lot of light. Again, it's mounted about halfway down the water column.

UnderwaterShots_045.jpg

Here's a stag from Bendalat. It's very bluish green and is starting to get a bit of purple on the opposite end. It's got great polyp extension.

UnderwaterShots_046.jpg

Here's my Miyagi tort. It's recovering as well from being shielded from anemones.

UnderwaterShots_048.jpg

Here's a bag frag millipora I got at BRK. It's gotten a couple of buds on the back side that's facing more towards the light so I'm guessing it will be a fast grower.

Two casualties - one potential, the other a definite - to report. The mandarin came out and was kind of bumbling around on the bottom last night. It had no fins and was really struggling. Not sure what got to it, but I suspect it was a crab I added to the tank. I thought it was a harmless commensal crab that survived the pH spike and salinity drop at school, so I added it so that it could hang out with the frag I was growing out to put back into school. Well, it looked like a gorilla crab, but I figured it didn't harm the coral so i could put it in there. I think I guessed wrong. It's now living in a bottle in my frag tray. I don't want to kill it, so I'll get a picture and post it up here to see what people think. Anyway, the mandarin is now a large decaying mess in the back of the rockwork. I guess there's a spot where the current doesn't hit as it's sitting there and not moving. The other is the yellow wrasse. Haven't seen it since a couple of days after I added it. One sighting in the past couple of weeks doesn't bode well.

Did some experimentation with the camera and settings. Things are turning out a bit better, some moreso than others. I'm slowly getting the hang of things as I work through the different settings using the advice of people on this board.

This is the Purple Monster, looking much better color wise and fairly accurate in this picture. It's still trying to regain its coloration and is slowly getting there.

Inhabitants075.jpg

This is one of the new corals I bought from Dr. Mac. It's color is a bit off from what it looks like in the tank, which is significantly different than what it looked like on his site, but I'm hoping that it regains the coloration that it lost in shipping. It was a lime green/yellow, but it's now pretty washed out and whitish, almost greyish, but not to the point of being a bleached coral. It's a decent sized A. chesterfieldensis that had a commensal crab which did not survive the UPS shipping.

Inhabitants074.jpg

Here's a couple shots of the stag from Bendalat. I think that it's actually an A. abrolohensis, but not positive of that.

Inhabitants073.jpg

Inhabitants072.jpg

This is the A. suharsonoi I got from F&F. The color in the first shot is fairly accurate. I ended up moving it from where it was to an area of higher light and the purple color has intensified and the polyps are extending more.

Inhabitants071.jpg

Here are a couple more shots of the clowns and the GBTA they host in. It is slowly creeping upwards and finding a place where it wants to stay. I am thinking I will need to move the A. millepora frag that is mounted near it if this keeps up. It has been creeping closer and closer to it and I don't want to lose it. It's still very challenging to shoot the combination of fish and anemone accurately, but I'm slowly getting better.

Inhabitants076.jpg

Inhabitants077.jpg

I believe that this is a bottle brush frag that I got at BRK. It receded a little bit but is recovering a bit now. I'm waiting to see what it ends up as when it starts to grow, both shape and coloration wise.

Inhabitants078.jpg

I saw it!

Went to Dave's house to pick up a frag(s) today, and got to see the tank. It's DEEEEP.

Great rock-work. I see a lot of potential for this one.

bob

Added a bunch of new corals to the tank after raiding Doug's tank after the social... It's getting to the point where I can look at the tank and imagine what it's going to look like 6 months from now. Most of the corals that I have placed in there are doing really well and getting some great coloration and some of the ones that have been placed into holes or glued to the rock are beginning to encrust really well. I'll try and perfect my photography a bit more and take some more shots of the tank and the new corals. It's really beginning to get very colorful in there.

Planning my first water change tomorrow, will be around 40 gallons or so. I'm hoping that my RO unit is able to produce enough water for that.

Like Dan, I'm adding fish to my tank... it's so hard to say no to certain fish! I went out to BRK today to pick up some yellow tangs that John was holding for me. Unfortunately, one of them did not make it so I ended up with only four of them, but they were just the size I was looking for, small but not tiny. They acclimated for a couple of hours, went through a freshwater bath, and then were introduced into the system. I did not quarantine them, which I probably should have, but my tank "room" is in too much disarray to contemplate adding another system at the current time. I do have a couple of fish from school that were not doing very well in a QT bucket floating in one of the sumps, but they are clearly not well and need to go through some healing first. I also am positive that I already have ich in the system but the fish are able to stay on top of things because of their varied diet.

Speaking of diet, I also could not resist the tiny little anthias that John had in the store. I ended up buying a male/3 female set of Lyretail Anthias despite deciding recently against adding anthias due to their feeding regimen. I figure that I can feed them the requisite 2-3 times per day and watch them closely. They have all eaten since being introduced into the tank and I'm hoping the male makes his presence more known. He has come out only a couple of times to grab a snack and then has disappeared back into the rockwork, the problem being that the females are establishing a pecking order and I'm afraid that if they don't realize he's in the tank, one will change and become a male and then I'll have a problem on my hands.

So, now my fish stocking list is:

1 Misc. Blenny (on his way out as he's been eating not only snails, but I have caught him eating clams as well and I am beginning to suspect he's the one that killed my mandarin, not the crab)

2 Dussumieri Tangs

4 Yellow Tangs

1 Vlamingi Tang

1 Pacific Blue Tang (possibly will add one more)

1 Three Stripe Damsel

1 Royal Gramma (hope to add a couple more)

4 Lyretail Anthias (1 male/3 female)

1 Lubbocks Fairy Wrasse

1 Exquisite Fairy Wrasse

1 Pair Black Ocellaris Clowns

I think that's it...

Plans for the future:

2 Red Sea Regal Angels

1 non-clam/snail eating blenny

2-3 Watchman Gobies to sift the surface sand layer

4-6 Neon Blue Cleaner Gobies

I know that there's a couple of fish I'm leaving out, but I'll wait until one catches my eye again and then go with it!

I also have been lucky enough because of this club to build the number of corals I have in the tank significantly and am still hoping to add another 10-20 different types of frags and then let it grow.

The most popular fish in my tank by far. First people comment on Medusa (the anemone), second is always Spot! :) Hard to resist such an adorable face!!

gallery_1752_6_255935.jpg

Can hardly wait to see this tank, Dave!!

Tracy

Planning my first water change tomorrow, will be around 40 gallons or so. I'm hoping that my RO unit is able to produce enough water for that.

Like Dan, I'm adding fish to my tank... it's so hard to say no to certain fish! I went out to BRK today to pick up some yellow tangs that John was holding for me. Unfortunately, one of them did not make it so I ended up with only four of them, but they were just the size I was looking for, small but not tiny. They acclimated for a couple of hours, went through a freshwater bath, and then were introduced into the system. I did not quarantine them, which I probably should have, but my tank "room" is in too much disarray to contemplate adding another system at the current time. I do have a couple of fish from school that were not doing very well in a QT bucket floating in one of the sumps, but they are clearly not well and need to go through some healing first. I also am positive that I already have ich in the system but the fish are able to stay on top of things because of their varied diet.

Speaking of diet, I also could not resist the tiny little anthias that John had in the store. I ended up buying a male/3 female set of Lyretail Anthias despite deciding recently against adding anthias due to their feeding regimen. I figure that I can feed them the requisite 2-3 times per day and watch them closely. They have all eaten since being introduced into the tank and I'm hoping the male makes his presence more known. He has come out only a couple of times to grab a snack and then has disappeared back into the rockwork, the problem being that the females are establishing a pecking order and I'm afraid that if they don't realize he's in the tank, one will change and become a male and then I'll have a problem on my hands.

So, now my fish stocking list is:

1 Misc. Blenny (on his way out as he's been eating not only snails, but I have caught him eating clams as well and I am beginning to suspect he's the one that killed my mandarin, not the crab)

2 Dussumieri Tangs

4 Yellow Tangs

1 Vlamingi Tang

1 Pacific Blue Tang (possibly will add one more)

1 Three Stripe Damsel

1 Royal Gramma (hope to add a couple more)

4 Lyretail Anthias (1 male/3 female)

1 Lubbocks Fairy Wrasse

1 Exquisite Fairy Wrasse

1 Pair Black Ocellaris Clowns

I think that's it...

Plans for the future:

2 Red Sea Regal Angels

2-3 Watchman Gobies to sift the surface sand layer

4-6 Neon Blue Cleaner Gobies

I know that there's a couple of fish I'm leaving out, but I'll wait until one catches my eye again and then go with it!

I also have been lucky enough because of this club to build the number of corals I have in the tank significantly and am still hoping to add another 10-20 different types of frags and then let it grow.

What kind of blenny is it? Is it something that would work well in my FO tank? It would need to mesh with a picasso trigger, black hawaiian trigger, probably a spotted grouper. everything else is routine - tangs, butterfly, angels. but no snails or crabs for him to eat :)

Honestly, no idea what kind of blenny he is. I would say that he'd be fine with everything but the grouper. The grouper would easily outgrow him and swallow him up first chance he got. This blenny is afraid of nothing, he even lets me put my fish trap right next to him without any reaction whatsoever.

:) And I witnessed first hand last night, this brave blenny went after all 4 crocea clams Dave has in his tank aggressively. The clams closed their mantles quickly after a really hard bite from this little blenny. Good luck with catching him out, Dave.

Not sure about yours, but my blenny sleeps in the same hole every single night. I bet you can wait until after lights out, put a net over the hole, and then try to rouse him.

Good luck!!!

Tracy

Nope, he goes from one hole to the next and all of them have a couple of emergency exits. I think the trap will work, I just have to work on getting the mysis into it so that it doesn't float out. Kind of hard with it sitting on the bottom of the tank and the tank being as high as it is!

Well, worked on some framing upstairs today and then the baby had to go to bed so I went down to the basement to do some of the plumbing work that I've been planning for awhile. I removed two pumps from the system, a Mag 9 and an old Rio that was simply too much of a risk for my comfort. These two pumps were supplying the two 50 gallon sumps with water and so now I have a separate line off of the return pump that goes up to a 3/4" bulkhead that leads into a SCWD. The SCWD will fit into the inside of schedule 40 3/4" pipe, so I jammed the end into one and hooked it up directly to the return on the inside of the sump. I then took some 1/2" locline and stuck it onto the outputs of the SCWD and now it is a wavemaker for my frag tray. I also drilled a 1" bulkhead into the same sump so that the water can flow down from that sump into the next one where it finally flows down to the bottom sump before returning to the display.

I'll try and snag some pictures of this tomorrow. All that I need to do still is hook up the UV sterilizer and I'm done with everything but the wall. I ended up breaking one of the wipers on the sterilizer so I picked up a replacement part at BRK when I was grabbing the fish and I just need to dig through the plumbing to find the piece I'm looking for.

Here are some pictures I took the other day. I decided to crop these to show as much detail as possible. My photography skills still leave a whole lot to be desired as these are pretty dark, but the colors are pretty accurate, although some are a bit lighter than others. Having a heck of a time holding something white in the tank to set the white balance!

Here's a shot of the A. chesterfieldensis from Dr. Mac. Not yellow or green in my tank, kind of an off-white or beige color. I am guessing it will develop some pretty neat colors at some point, though.

Chesterfieldensis.jpg

Here's a shot of the cucumber that has been with me for a few years. No sign of the other 2 I bought from Dr. Mac, though.

Cucumber.jpg

Here's an efflo that I got from Doug, fully encrusted on the disc already and tabling a bit. I mounted it on top of a branch and jammed it into the rock so I can move it depending on how it grows in my tank.

EfflofromDoug.jpg

Here's the green milli frag from BRK awhile back. I moved it to the other side of the tank and higher up because of the green BTA.

GreenMillipora.jpg

Here's my Miyagi tort. It's lost a bit of flesh in the middle and some detritus is built up there, I think if I shift it a bit it'll get more current. I moved it around last week and it's not getting the same current that it was, even though I only shifted it maybe 1/2".

MiyagiTort.jpg

Here's the pink milli I got from Dr. Mac. It came in very peachy colored and now it's starting to turn red instead. I am not positive it's actually a milli (came in as a generic Acro) as I haven't seen the polyps fully extended yet, but from what I have seen they don't look like a typical milli.

PinkMillipora2.jpg

PinkMillipora3.jpg

PinkMillipora.jpg

Purple Monster.

PurpleMonster.jpg

Purple Stag from Khanh. It was greenish in his tank and was purpling up, it's becoming more purple in my tank. He said this was purple in Leishman's tank before it greened up in his.

PurpleStag2.jpg

PurpleStag.jpg

Here's the Montipora I got at the Mr. Coral social last week. It looks to be one that encrusts, plates, and also branches from the frags I saw there. It's red with either blue or purple polyps.

RedwithPurplePolypsUnknownMontipora.jpg

Here's a slimer from Doug. Pretty coral, but it came off of the frag plug so I jammed it into a hole instead.

SlimerfromDoug2.jpg

SlimerfromDoug.jpg

Some close ups of the suharsonoi I got from F&F.

Suharsonoi2.jpg

Suharsonoi.jpg

Here's what I think is a tort, got it from Doug.

TortfromDoug.jpg

A close up of the turaki I got from Chris Tran, originally from Khanh.

Turaki.jpg

Not sure what this one is.

UnknownAcro2.jpg

Not sure what this is either, but I'm thinking a tort?

UnknownAcro3possibletort.jpg

Not sure what this is either...

UnknownAcro.jpg

Here's another one that I'm not sure of... got it at the frag workshop and it was basically a brown tip of a coral. I glued it down with some M. digitata as I thought it was a frag of that because of the color but then realized that it wasn't and remounted it. It's encrusted in the hole since I added it and is changing colors, currently a green base with some hints of blue and purple. It's also growing very spindly branches. Not sure what it is, though. Tort? I think that'll be my standard guess when I don't know what something is from now on. Tort? Tort?

UnknownFragfromFragWorkshop.jpg

Not sure what this one is, either, but got it from Doug.

UnknownfromDoug.jpg

Another one from Doug, although I think this is a valida.

Valida.jpg