Rik's Tank Tour

Leishman

Hey all:

I have decided to have a Tank Tour on Sunday August 13th

It will be form 2pm on. (CMAS has a TT in Towson from 1-3 then they will be heading down my way - I hope) I would like to have things wraped up by 5:30 if possible.

I have a Euro-braced 65x36x25 tank with a 48x30x18 sump. My frag tank is attached to the system and is a 65 wide (36x24x18). All 3 tanks are from Glasscages.

You can see some older pictures HERE but things will look much different by the TT as will be re-aquascaping soon and adding some old equipment back on to the tank (UV etc....)

Here is a picture I took @ lunch today:

FT2.jpg

As people who have seen my tank will notice, I lost lots of corals in a mini crash last month. Just means I have lots of room to fill with new stuff. (old pic below)

FT1.jpg

-Rik

Please post here if you are planning to come over

5308 Sherrill Ave

Chevy Chase MD 20815

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

trying to find a time that the wife will let me out this weekend/week. I will pm you to try and work something out.

thanks a million

trying to find a time that the wife will let me out this weekend/week. I will pm you to try and work something out.

thanks a million

There is a 3 frag minimum purchase for you coming early :cheers:

I plan to come later in the afternoon after our (Gaithersburg/Germantown) tour is over.

Got you on my calendar Rik! :bounce:

I'm heading out to Jeff NAGA to p/u my 90g Acrylic tank this Sunday, a tad excited to say the least.

EricBrian is coming over Sunday morning and we are building my stand for it. Then heading over to Jeff's Tank Tour this Sunday and I believe Yomeister's?

Probably won't be available for a frag by then, but there is always tomorrows!!!!

DANG! BTW, Sorry for the losses!

I plan to come later in the afternoon after our (Gaithersburg/Germantown) tour is over.

Sucks you guys are doing it at the same time. How am I supposed to show up at your TTs when I'm stuck at my place? :why:

Well Chris, 143gadgets, came over last night @ 8 pm and we emptied the tank and reaquascaped the whole thing. Chris left here close to 2 am and I hit the sack at 3:30. Chris took a couple of pics but the tank was cloudy and the glass was a mess, but all-in-all I'm much happier with the tank.

I will have lots of frags at the TT and also a few colonies FS [aswell as some give aways].

I will post a picture here later, if Chris doesn't beat me to it.

BIG thanks to CT for all his help, I would not have done it w/o his help. Thanks again Chris.

Cheers

-Rik

Well Chris, 143gadgets, came over last night @ 8 pm and we emptied the tank and reaquascaped the whole thing. Chris left here close to 2 am and I hit the sack at 3:30. Chris took a couple of pics but the tank was cloudy and the glass was a mess, but all-in-all I'm much happier with the tank.

I will have lots of frags at the TT and also a few colonies FS [aswell as some give aways].

I will post a picture here later, if Chris doesn't beat me to it.

BIG thanks to CT for all his help, I would not have done it w/o his help. Thanks again Chris.

Cheers

-Rik

No problem Rik. It was a pleasure to help with your tank. Hopefully I will be known as the aquascaping king after that. Man I am so exhausted. I got home at like 3:00am!

"Sucks you guys are doing it at the same time. How am I supposed to show up at your TTs when I'm stuck at my place? "

We're starting at around noon and you can certainly come earlier if that would help.

"Sucks you guys are doing it at the same time. How am I supposed to show up at your TTs when I'm stuck at my place? "

We're starting at around noon and you can certainly come earlier if that would help.

Sounds good to me (if I can have my house in shape in time!)

Here's a pic I just took of the new aquascape.....

DSCN4596.jpg

nice!

(now that I got the ghetto tour before the pimp)

Still have a 20g of corals on the floor waiting to back in tonight...... plus all my "not for sale" frags in the frag tank that you saw :biggrin:

Rik - PM with your address. I know I have it somewhere but I can't find it :-(

Eve