Recommendation for bonding dry rocks together.

Tommy

Hey guys!  Just picked up some Tonga rocks and I need to bond them before curing them, what product have you used that would work well besides regular epoxy ( which sucks)  The rocks are purple so it would be good if its dark color also.  Thanks 

I just drilled holes and used Acrylic rod that way they can always be taken apart for whatever reason

Any chance you have a link to the rods you used? I am about to put an aqua scape together for 50 lbs of pukani coming tomorrow!

I’m following. I’m in the same boat. I have used instant ocean epoxy at a local LFS and had great results, but am about to drill as well and use acrylic or pvc rods. I tried some of the fiberglass driveway markers at Home Depot seem to work well for lighter rock work.

Any chance you have a link to the rods you used? I am about to put an aqua scape together for 50 lbs of pukani coming tomorrow!

I think I got them from us plastics

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

I bought some rods a while ago on Amazon but they were on the smaller size so haven't used them yet, they have them all diff sizes but i just misjudged, Thanks again Martin!

Marco Mortar is great for cementing things together, and acrylic rods work as well (home depot, lowes.) I've gone as far as to zip tie things as well for extra support!

Thanks for all the suggestions guys, bought some Marco cement and rods so I definitely have options, will post pics of the finished product.

Try the marco cement first, I'd be surprised if you're not super happy with the result. As long as you can support the rock for 15 minutes or so while it sets you can create any shape of structure you want. Drilling for rods is much more work and difficulty IMO.

I just use pond foam on dry rock and a even tiny bit works great. You can cut back any excess too or cover it in 2 part and sand to blend it.