Pic of my zoa tree in progress

Tommy

So... inspired by a YouTube zoa tree video I decided to make one my self for my nuvo 20 bed room tank, it’s been about 3 months and this is what I have so far.

752adbd29223cee05e40751451e943f2.jpg

Most of those zoanthids are on their way. I expect the Sunny D's will outweigh most everything else!

Looks great!

Careful of those green pally's on the base, they will overrun and you will never be able to get rid of them! 

Is there any particular method to how you are deciding of the placement of each type of zoanthid?

Is there any particular method to how you are deciding of the placement of each type of zoanthid?

I try to mix up the color so no 2 zoas of similar color are next to each other, should be nice in about 6 months when they all filled in.  Will keep u guys updated.  I need more zoas of other color besides green, red and yellow but they are too expensive lol.

I hope so...they're one of my fav. 

Most of those zoanthids are on their way. I expect the Sunny D's will outweigh most everything else!

Looks great!

Yea man ..I've tried sps several times with no longterm success, always go back to zoas ...lol

It's hard to beat a grown in zoa garden... I have 3 or 4 spots growing in and one nice garden that is full

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

I was thinking that knowing the growth/spread rates and patterns of the various types of zoas, and arranging them based partly on that, might make the development more predictable.

I was thinking that knowing the growth/spread rates and patterns of the various types of zoas, and arranging them based partly on that, might make the development more predictable.

I wish I have those info , but I am fairly new at this so I'm just winging it at the moment.  

Do folks who have a lot of zoanthid experience, have any suggestions for creating a multi-type of zoanthids covered structure on which none of the zoanthids would over-run each other?

I guess some problems I would see in a large structure rather than a garden of separate pieces,in ishat if one single segment gets some kind of infection or pest, it could spread to the entire thing. It would make it really easy for zoa-eating nudibranches do destroy all of them in record speed, and for a stray aptaisia to spread itself around where it is somewhat hidden by the zoas.