Tank temperature

lowsingle

I currently run my tank from 76 to 77 degrees and am thinking of lowering it to 75 to 76 degrees.....how low do others run their tanks? Any thoughts / opinions?

Thanks for the insights,

Darren

I run mine at 72-74° because I have seahorses and the first thing I noticed was that growth is much slower.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Mine run at 78-79. Everything is growing well.

Back when I lived in PA I had my 20L with nothing but softies and some lps like an acan, trumpet, and a small goniopora. No AC and just a fan blowing. Over the 5 months Feb-July it ran from 75-77 in the spring to 83-85 in the early summer and 84-90 in June before I moved. All zoas grew throughout and the acan went from one head to 7. Trumpets never grew. Goniopora nearly doubled in size. That was my first tank haha. I ended up losing most during the move but all the fish are still around happy and swimming.

in winter my tank stays between 76-78 and in summer it stays between 79-81

in winter my tank stays between 76-78 and in summer it stays between 79-81

76-77 during the summer, here.

I'll change it in the winter (like Dip) when I remember.

The logic is that, when the power goes out in the summer, the temperature in the house generally climbs. So, running your tank cooler gives you more time. Just the opposite in the winter when temperatures drop inside when the power goes out.

(edited)

Summer 80-82 winter 79

79F year round. Its more important to keep temps stable than worry about some precise temp.

Edited by sen5241b