What a great meeting!

Origami

Even though I'm one of the organizers, you all made it a great meeting with your super turnout. We had in excess of 75 people listening to Jon Norris speak on Jellyfish husbandry. Really cool stuff. We even gave out two jellyfish nano aquariums to two lucky raffle winners. 

And what did you think of those Loudoun Academy of Sciences students? Did you ever do anything like that in high school? Our youth really have some super opportunities today!

Thanks everybody for turning out. I hope that you enjoyed the meeting, too.

Who won the jelly tanks?  I really wanted to be there to try to win one.  With the discount code maybe I'll just buy one.

Who won the jelly tanks?  I really wanted to be there to try to win one.  With the discount code maybe I'll just buy one.

Do it by Tuesday!

It was another fantastic meeting and I am not saying it just because I won one of the jellyfish tanks (thanks again Jellyfish Art + WAMAS!).  :laugh:

I remember talking to the LAS students last year and thought their goals were very ambitious, almost too ambitious. I was floored by the progress within just a few months. Extremely impressive and makes me wonder what I am doing with my life.

Chuck Norris's nephew Jon from Jellyfish Art was fantastic - very relatable and engaging. I learned a lot of valuable information about the current state of jellyfish keeping.  Overall another great meeting, thanks WAMAS!  :thumbsup:

I was the other lucky one who one the second Jellyfish tank tank. I will definitely post updates from setting it up to adding the jellyfish and any other experiences I get from maintaining this tank. It sounds like all of us that are already experienced with maintaining saltwater systems should have a very easy transition owning jellyfish. Hopefully I have an extremely positive experience and can encourage others to own jellies as well. I am very excited and appreciative! Thanks again WAMAS and Jon from Jellyfish Art!

The jellyfish info was great.

I am really glad the students were able to present to us. I didn't know there was such a great school science program.

Excellent meeting. Thanks to our WAMAS officers who go to such trouble to make this such a great club. And to our sponsors for their generosity and their great knowledge and advice. One nice thing about the WAMAS sponsors, when I go into their stores I know I'm going to get good information even if it loses them a sale (although in the long run, at least in my case, it evens out) . I appreciate that. 

Really great, really interesting to hear about the science project. Amazing stuff. 

It sounds like all of us that are already experienced with maintaining saltwater systems should have a very easy transition owning jellyfish.

Yes, and part of me suspects that's why they're offering our club (and presumably others) discounts on the setup - to counter the number of people online that fill their jelly tanks with tap water and table salt (if they actually make it to the realization that they're salt jellies) and feed kitty kibble. 

Anyone have the discount code for them and a link to buy them. I wasn't at the meeting

Edited by epleeds