For those that care...............

Leishman

• Replies 114
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Congrats to the final 16!

Rik and John!

England? sorry Rik but they barely made it... they got lucky. :eek: But again, they made it to the final 8.

Portugal? what a heart, what a courage.... man what a game.. :bounce: better than the Italy/USA game.

Argentina? Mexico want it more but they fall short of accomplish :why: ... good luck with Germany (HOME CROWD)

Germany? they are playing like they belong in the final... watch out, there might be a surprise :biggrin:

On an side note:

Group of Death or not... there is always one to beat.

Five Time World Cup Champions ... BRASIL

Keep an eye for England, Argentina, France, Japan

Jacob

Well, so far England, Argentina are in the last 8, while Brasil and France are still contesting and Japan is GONE. not bad for an afficionado... :biggrin:

Guest Yomeister66

Portugal? what a heart, what a courage....

What game did you watch? Figo and courage? First a head-butt and than a dive? That man has less honor than a $5 crack "bleep"!!

Heart? They never even heard of that word. Did you see them flopping around every time somebody in the crowd looked at them? (Especially that goalie..Ricardo) And don't even get me started on that P$%#y C. Ronaldo. He's supposed to be the saviour of Man United? You know the difference between C. Ronaldo and Roy Keane? CR makes highlight tapes, Keane wins Championships.

I heard you could buy anything you wanted in Russia and apparently that includes referees. What a clown!! I've only played for 34 years but the way I read the laws of the game, a leaping studs-up tackle to the face in the box warrants a penalty.

Go England! Kill Portugal!!

Rant over (for now)

I ment the game it self, that is why it is called FOOTBALL... and that is Soccer my friend. sometimes luck is not on the best team side.. Both teams Holland and Portugal.. both teams gave it all... and yes acting has become part of the game too. I agree, when you get incompetent referees you get what you get for a game.. :biggrin:

now let me ask you... Why VAN NISTELROOIJ Ruud did not play?

hey Hats-Off to Ecuador. I think they were the better team on the field that day (Sorry Doug, just my perception of the game) but they did not capitalize on their efforts... at least two clear options to GOL and did not make them... oh well same goes for Holland... they played their hearts out and still didn't win. Not always the best team wins.. sometimes luck is not on our side.

SAD, SAD, SAD

shame on you all REFEREES... shame on you...

Great Games, Great Matches, and they all end up in a $@#%$ dish because of decisions made by !^#@%$$@# Referees.

Ecuador, Australia, Holland deserve to be in the last 8. England, Italy, Portugal deserve nothing....

SAD DAYS IN FIFA 2006 WORLD CUP

Ecuador, Australia, Holland deserve to be in the last 8. England, Italy, Portugal deserve nothing....

SAD DAYS IN FIFA 2006 WORLD CUP

You are high.

Ecuador got beat. They hit the wood-work once and that was it in 90 minutes. To say they should be in the last 8 is crazy.

Australia did well but but could not finish. PK call was bad, but they had an extra attacker and sat back and did not use the advantage. It's no way to be knocked out, but to say they should be through is wrong. Italy could have easily won the game in extra time as could the Aussies.

Holland got beat. Ref was worst of the WC but he went both ways.

" England, Italy, Portugal deserve nothing...." England and Portugal deserve the 1/4 finals, Italy should be in extra time as I type.

I think your comments are WAY off goal.

we all have our own opinions, that is why we love SOCCER.... don't we?

and you got a point, Ecuador and Australia should have finished and made gols... but they didn't...

and like I said before...

not always the best team wins... sometimes luck is not on their side

Guest Yomeister66

I ment the game it self, that is why it is called FOOTBALL... {/quote]

oh, OK.....guess I didn't read it close enough. Was still looking through an orange mist. :drink: My bad. :why:

now let me ask you... Why VAN NISTELROOIJ Ruud did not play?

I dunno.....why don't penguins have knees? Actually..van Basten left him out initially because he hadn't been playing well. When the Dutch were playing one man up in the second half, the coach pulled out a defender and put in an attacking midfielder, basically switching to a 3-4-3 system Ruud was warming up when Boularhouz got his red card. Van Basten had to use his last sub on putting in a defender (Heitinga) so that was it. I liked the way Kuyt played up top, especially in the first half but he should have finished at least one of the chances he was given. Ruud has more experience....he would have done better in the drama theater that was the second half.

Wow, the doc was right....those medications really do make you feel better. :)

we all have our own opinions, that is why we love SOCCER.... don't we?

1 billion + soccerfans in the world and none of them know what they're talking about (except me!) :wink:

another match, another game, another ..... well the referee was not that bad this time... better than the previous two. finally a game decided by penalty... UKRAINE.. who would have thought..

I guess Brasil will have their hands full tomorrow if referees keep their mediocre work... or on the other hand. the FIFA already has this in the bag and Brasil has already won. :biggrin: (just being sinical Rik)

come sing with me.....

BRASIL, BRASIL,

Lalala-la-la, Lala-la-la, Lala, Lala

Brasil

:bounce: BRASIL :bounce:

OK

BRASIL, BRASIL,

Lalala-la-la, Lala-la-la, Lala, Lala

Brasil

BRASIL :bounce: :bounce: :bounce:

now that was a surprise... all the commentators bet the youth of Spain will surpass old France... but here we are. WHY WE LOVE FOOTBALL ???? because the ball is round, and as long as the ball rolls there is no winner... France what a Surprise... France. I feel pitty for Spain.

I feel pitty for Spain.

Agreed. It was a BS call for the free kick that led to the own goal (the goalie would have had it if it wasn't knocked in off the Spaniards knee), but the last goal by Z was class football.

Now what do we do for 2 full days w/no games?