For those that care...............

Leishman

I have a good feeling about Sunday's game, which worries me to no end. Italia has played better each game, I thought they completely outplayed Germany on Tuesday. Pirlo and Grosso had outstanding games, Cannavaro is my new God. But I have to give credit where it is most due, and that is Lippi. Italia finally has a coach that is offensively minded. He definitely did not want the game to go to penalty kicks, all three substitutes were attackers. And it paid off. More power to him.

I am not even going to look at the qualifying schedule for Europe 2008 until next week. First thing first. We apparently have a 12 year cycle. We were in the final and won in 1982; we were in the final and lost in 1994; we are in the final (and will win) in 2006. It should really be a good game Sunday. I'll be watching and cheering and jumping up and down like a fool. Oh yeah, the screams you will hear will be from me. We have to beat those hated frechmen.

One last time for this World Cup: FORZA ITALIA!

• Replies 114
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Being an Englishman: I have a duty to my country to support who ever is playing France.

Italy, please whoop up on the froggies.

(That being said, I would not be shocked to see 0-0 or 1-1 a.e.t. and a 4-2 Italy win in a PSO)

Third place will be Germany (3-1 or 2-0)

"For those that care II" will be posted when availiable...........

Yomeister, I agree that Barthez is the weak link. I have seen him make some pretty silly mistakes; I have not watched every France game, but he has not been really tested in those I have seen. Hopefully we can test him early and often, he'll fold.

Leishman, we'll do our best to comply with your request!

Eddi

throughout the WC I have seen Italy improve on every game. Give credit to Buffon, and although he has not been tested, has worked "with his mouth" the deffense arund the small area.

France?, I agree with Yomeist, they should start Trezeguet, Henry is just not working the point, he is just opportunitstic.

Ita 2 - Fra 0

Italy, please whoop up on the froggies.

Hey Mister!!!! Do you know what WE froggies think of the dudes living on the wrong side of the Channel? Don't you? :wink:

Allez les Bleus!!!

Hey JM, good luck to you and your team on Sunday. Don't feel bad, second place is not bad at all! :biggrin:

(That being said, I would not be shocked to see 0-0 or 1-1 a.e.t. and a 4-2 Italy win in a PSO)

Third place will be Germany (3-1 or 2-0)

I was close 4-2, 5-3 it's almost the same.

Great game, shame about ZZ. Rooney looks like a price after that move!!

What a game of two halves. Italia played better in the first half, France the second. I did not expect that from Zidane, he completely lost his cool and most likely cost his team the win.

But it's all over and Italia won. Camponi del mondo.

Zidane apparently called "dirty terrorist"

Photo: Reuters

579868841.jpg

PARIS (Reuters) - France captain Zinedine Zidane was apparently called a "dirty terrorist" by Marco Materazzi before he head-butted the Italy defender in Sunday's World Cup final, the anti-racism group SOS Racism said on Monday.

"According to several very well informed sources from the world of football, it would seem that the Italian player Marco Materazzi called Zinedine Zidane a 'dirty terrorist'," SOS Racism said in a statement.

Zidane, the son of Algerian immigrants, was shown a red card after the incident and Italy went on to win on penalties after the match was tied 1-1 following extra time.

The Paris-based group called for an inquiry and said world football's governing body FIFA had recently toughened sanctions against racism.

"It's for this reason that SOS Racism asks in a determined fashion for FIFA to shed light on this altercation and that sanctions laid out in the official rules be applied should this be the case," SOS Racism said.

Neither Zidane nor Materazzi have spoken in public about what had passed between them before the incident. French television reported that Zidane would talk about the incident "in the coming days".

Guest Yomeister66

Also read some reports saying that Matterazzi asked him "Why don't you play for your real country?".

Apparently some Brazilian newspaper has employed some lipreaders and has come to the conclusion that M. was questioning the virtue of both Z's mother and sister.

And yet other reports swear that M said something about Z's kids, which apparently have some kind of medical condition.

Gotta love the Internet!