Is there a WAMAS tshirt?

PupChow

Not yet, but maybe we should resurrect the idea and make a nice design. Tom commented on what would be needed on the cafepress thread. Logos need to be good for press releases, banners, and tshirts.

Cafe Press's WAMAS store seemed to no longer be there when I checked the other day. But those tee-shirt designs were not very good - just a little logo in the corner - and were over-priced. I think we should get tee-shirts through a regular supplier, or else make them. Maybe we could just have iron-on logos, which would be a lot less and people could put them on anything they want.

T shirts would be awesome. Maybe we could have more than one design available. But the designs have to be good. Too many reef shirts have poor designs that you wouldn't want to wear. Price point isn't important to me for a club shirt if it's actually a quality shirt and the design is appealing. We could also wear them to MACNA next year.

T shirts would be awesome. Maybe we could have more than one design available. But the designs have to be good. Too many reef shirts have poor designs that you wouldn't want to wear. Price point isn't important to me for a club shirt if it's actually a quality shirt and the design is appealing. We could also wear them to MACNA next year.

What kind of things would you want on a tshirt? What would be cool? I'll totally draw some concept art- for fun or otherwise

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

An idea drawing. I call this one "It's for my fish tank, i swear!"acc8487271b301285c412ff0bdc13549.jpg

It wouldn't be like the club tshirt but I thought it'd be funny.

Edited by mari.harutunian

LOL that is very funny.

What I don't like, is a t-shirt with the picture on the back where no one can see it without standing behind me. I  don't buy them unless there is a picture on the front.

Howard took it when he left (JK. it seemed like most of the thong jokes were directed at him, so...).

In case people don't know what we are talking about, One of the products Cafe Press offers to be customized, is a thong. Whoever in WAMAS was picking out products to sell, happened to add the thong to the store. I don't know if anyone ever actually bought one, but we used to have fun joking about the WAMAS thong.

LOL, nice drawing Mari, it may be a bit edgy for some members to wear on a shirt but this is hilarious!

I think a well designed logo would be a great first step!  Are we actively accepting new logo design proposals at the moment?  :cool:

LOL, nice drawing Mari, it may be a bit edgy for some members to wear on a shirt but this is hilarious!

I think a well designed logo would be a great first step!  Are we actively accepting new logo design proposals at the moment?  :cool:

http://wamas.org/forums/topic/26710-wamas-store-cafepress/?p=705225gives some good ideas of what would make a good logo.

An idea drawing. I call this one "It's for my fish tank, i swear!"acc8487271b301285c412ff0bdc13549.jpg

That would be a fun t-shirt, but not so much a logo. 8)

Just curious can u guys all name the items in that drawing? Otherwise it really is more edgy than I thought lol. What specifically do you guys like? What embodies the reefing experience? An empty wallet?

Edited by mari.harutunian

Hang tight on a logo contest, folks. That would be BOD decision and there are a few things underway right now that would preclude this popping to the top of the queue.

However, I think it's a good idea to solicit ideas that would meet our future goals and needs. We might be able to do something in this regard early next year.

In addition to having the logo be adaptable to several form factors and color options, we'd expect it to look:

Clean

Professional

Reflective of our marine/reef aquarium hobby interest

Reflective of our living in the National Capital Region

We'd need the source files for artwork (preferably vector images) so they could be modified/maintained in the future.

Those are just a few thoughts that come to mind.

Are we allowed to make our own shirts with a current WAMAS logo/graphic, like print out as an iron-on thing?

Edited by treesprite

Are we allowed to make our own shirts with a current WAMAS logo/graphic, like print out as an iron-on thing?

As long as it's in good taste, Forrest; and, as long as you're not engaging in a profit-making activity, my guess is that'll be fine. Let me add this disclaimer: That's a personal opinion and not a "Board opinion."

What kind of things would you want on a tshirt? What would be cool? I'll totally draw some concept art- for fun or otherwise

Very funny, edgy, and adult oriented! MD has had a cool clean up crew at work shirt. I also have a shirt from Incredible Corals that I like. It's a circle logo with their name and a coral in the center. And I have about ten or twelve shirts from our MACNA in DC last year. For me, it's really in the graphic design that it looks good and is fun to wear. I think all the shirts out there convey the reefing message. Considering Origami's posts above, I think a great place for a rough draft would the Capital building with both wings. You could do a lot with the pillars and ornate structure being rockwork with fish hiding in and around pillars and such. Add a starfish. Maybe some political humor around what the aquarium inhabitants are doing since it's a Presidential election year. Just random thoughts off the top of my head.

Very funny, edgy, and adult oriented! MD has had a cool clean up crew at work shirt. I also have a shirt from Incredible Corals that I like. It's a circle logo with their name and a coral in the center. And I have about ten or twelve shirts from our MACNA in DC last year. For me, it's really in the graphic design that it looks good and is fun to wear. I think all the shirts out there convey the reefing message. Considering Origami's posts above, I think a great place for a rough draft would the Capital building with both wings. You could do a lot with the pillars and ornate structure being rockwork with fish hiding in and around pillars and such. Add a starfish. Maybe some political humor around what the aquarium inhabitants are doing since it's a Presidential election year. Just random thoughts off the top of my head.

Thank you! And hmm the capitol building is a the perfect choice but the pillars are so small in comparison to the rest of the building.. maybe I'll just make the building the "liverock"... it does look like my pukani lol