razor blade in tank

astroboy

I was scrapping algae off the side of my 90 gallon and lost the single-sided razor blade. Can't find it anywhere.

Does anyone know, am I OK just leaving it in there to rust, or do the blades contain some sort of heavy metal or copper that would cause problems?

Thanks,

Mark

I would assume its ok. i have one of the flipper algae scrapers and there is a blade on it that stays in the tank. Not sure if it is some type of special blade though

Won't be a big deal if it rusts.  Most people keep razor blades in their tanks on mag floats with no side effects.  I agree with seth on using a magnet to try to find it though.

You can take a small, strong magnet that will stick to the razor blade, wrap it in Saran Wrap, and use a rubber band to attach it to a piece of rigid airline tubing.

In my case, I lost the tiny glass cleaner from my Two Little Fishies nano tank cleaner (about 1" square). And it drifted under a rock in the diamond goby's home. So I put a piece of flexible airline tubing onto the end of the rigid. And put the magnet on the flexible section. I then started fishing around under the rock until I found it.

"What you do not know, is that I am not left handed. . ."

yes!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk