New member from Easton, Maryland

Hi all. I've been ever so slowly creeping into the hobby over the last year. Over here on the Eastern Shore of Maryland I have yet to meet any fellow hobbyists. I know they must be out there! Looking forward to learning from everyone here.

Edited by aquamom

I lived outside of Centreville, VA for a short time and my best friend lives there so I'm over that way occasionally. I went in to Centreville Aquarium last week when I was visiting and they were some pretty nice guys working there. I picked up a Yellow Watchman Goby and a Pistol Shrimp which I have seen no sign of since! Hopefully I will soon.

Howdy, I grew up in Easton! Welcome aboard! Some of my fondest memories were Skipjack sailing, crabbing, and all of the outdoor stuff the area has to offer. It's definitely become a larger town since I lived there, but you really can't beat the shore!

That's awesome lynz. My dad was a waterman when I was a little girl and built boats with my grandfather so sounds like we had a lot of the same experiences. It has changed some but I still love it here. 

Welcome. I live in Centreville also. Theres also quite a few other members not too far from Centreville.

Welcome.  You'll find some very friendly reefers very close to you soon enough.  I think there is some kind of a location map somewhere in WAMAS, but people will volunteer if they know they are near you.

Hi and welcome to WAMAS! We're one of the largest and most active local reef clubs in the nation, and have a terrific community here. I hope that you'll enjoy your stay. While we do have a few members out that way, I want to also point you in the direction of CMAS (Chesapeake Marine Aquarium Society - http://www.cmas-md.org). They're smaller, but tend to draw their membership out your way. Some of their membership (including CMAS leadership) are also WAMAS members. 

Welcome. You'll find some very friendly reefers very close to you soon enough. I think there is some kind of a location map somewhere in WAMAS, but people will volunteer if they know they are near you.

Thanks, that would be great! I have been surprised to see how willing ppl are to help on the forum. That's really nice to see

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hi and welcome to WAMAS! We're one of the largest and most active local reef clubs in the nation, and have a terrific community here. I hope that you'll enjoy your stay. While we do have a few members out that way, I want to also point you in the direction of CMAS (Chesapeake Marine Aquarium Society - http://www.cmas-md.org). They're smaller, but tend to draw their membership out your way. Some of their membership (including CMAS leadership) are also WAMAS members.

Thank you! I have been so far! I will definitely check them out!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk