Anyone have gallons marked on their brute?

SandJ

I forgot to measure water and mark my brute trash can with gallons. Does anyone have their 32g brute can marked with gallons? If so, could you measure the markings?

The alternative is to use a volume calculator, but I would have to take into account the uneven bottom and taper in the can. Just thought if someone had their can measured out it would be more accurate :0)

Thanks in advance!

Here is what i did;

I used a 5gal bucket to add 5g of water at a time. I then marked the outside of the brute with a marker and then add the next 5g and repeated the process.  This gave me a good estimate as to how much water I was making.

That is what I meant to do, but I forgot and have already added an unknown amount of water to the container (directly from rodi unit) lol

Thanks! That would be awesome! No rush though, just wanted to know for next water change to make things a little easier :0)

So here are my measurements, as measured from the outside of the container;

5" ~5 gallons

9 3/4" ~10 gallons

13 1/2" ~15 gallons

17 1/4" ~20 gallons

21 1/2" ~25 gallons.

there are approximate amounts

Here is what i did;

I used a 5gal bucket to add 5g of water at a time. I then marked the outside of the brute with a marker and then add the next 5g and repeated the process. This gave me a good estimate as to how much water I was making.

That's exactly what I did.

Thank you so much Milton! I will be marking my container tomorrow.

I used the 5 gallon bucket method to mark the 20 gallon saltwater container, and I used an online volume calculator to determine each gallon in a 5 gallon bucket is 2 3/4" :0)

So here are my measurements, as measured from the outside of the container;

5" ~5 gallons

9 3/4" ~10 gallons

13 1/2" ~15 gallons

17 1/4" ~20 gallons

21 1/2" ~25 gallons.

there are approximate amounts

I made marks on a piece of 1" pvc and stick it in the water when I need to measure. The bottom of the brute is a little uneven so you have to pick the right spot to stand it on.

Edited by Rob A

• 2 weeks later...

I guess the marks would save a lot of guesswork. Does anyone have their 44 Brute marked whio could share the measurements?

I guess the marks would save a lot of guesswork. Does anyone have their 44 Brute marked whio could share the measurements?

See below, Forrest.

I made marks on a piece of 1" pvc and stick it in the water when I need to measure. The bottom of the brute is a little uneven so you have to pick the right spot to stand it on.

This is similar to what I did. I picked up a wooden yard stick from somewhere and, as I poured water in from a 5 gallon bucket used a sharpie to mark the following levels:

These  measurements are for a 44-gallon Brute, not a 32-gallon size. I'm including them as a reference for others if they want to do something similar.

9-7/8" = 15 gallons

13-1/4" = 20 gallons

16-5/8" = 25 gallons

19-3/4" = 30 gallons

23-1/4 = 35 gallons

26-1/4" = 40 gallons

I used these marks to tell me how much water I'd used during a water change so that I knew how much salt mix to use (approximately) when I made the replacement water. The yardstick was really handy because you could use it as a dipstick, dipping it into the water and reading out the amount of water at the wet line.

When taking measurements, I'd dip the yardstick down into the water, about 4 inches away from the can's edge, not down the middle. I'm pretty sure that's where my reference point was for taking measurements.

• 4 years later...