Should I keep 1 tank?

Djplus1

So, we are under contract on a new house and barring a horrible home inspection this Thursday, we will be moving a couple days before Thanksgiving. Of course this likely means there will be an everything must go post shortly. 

The new house has more than enough room for "the tank of my dreams" sometime in the future, but that future is not now. My question is should I keep my Red Sea Max 130 and just keep a simple all in one to stay in the mindset of owning and maintaining a tank or should I just dump everything and give myself a real break?

I don't think I'd try to save any of my existing livestock for this exercise as I don't know how long the moving process will be and it will be getting colder anyway. Perhaps I'd get something cool like a lion fish or eel that we can't normally keep in reef tanks just to keep it super simple.

I say if you have room and are just wanting to setup the "old" tank as a FOWLR, do it. It should be less maintenance anyway right?

My vote is take a break, use the money on your new dream tank. I've found a restart refreshing.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

My vote is take a break, use the money on your new dream tank. I've found a restart refreshing.

+1, you know what you're doing.  Take a break.  Start a monthly allotment of cash towards buying a nice one in the future instead of spending that allotment each month in drips and drabs on power, ro/di filters, salt, and feeding an eel or some such.  

Go with your heart.

Keep the RSM for a month or so after you move, since you already have it. But keep it dry until things settle in the new place. You'll be plenty busy for the next couple of months. Then decide whether you want to set it up or sell it.

Congratulations on the new place!

Go with your heart.

Keep the RSM for a month or so after you move, since you already have it. But keep it dry until things settle in the new place. You'll be plenty busy for the next couple of months. Then decide whether you want to set it up or sell it.

I agree with Tom. This gives you the option to go either direction after you get settled in.

Go with your heart.

+2

Not the time to make a big decision on this.  Get settled in and put this on the back burner for a bit.  I have several items I got rid of prematurely and regretted it.

Appreciate all of the answers. Either way, I'm def selling the 72 gallon bow and sump and most pumps, etc. Got alot of small gear that I might keep just because they're small, but also because I don't want to go out and buy stuff like dosers again when I have them BNIB. Probably selling the 14g Biocube unless it just makes more sense to keep it for future use as it's also pretty easy to move. Considering keeping the LED's for a while as I saved the shipping box and that's easily reusable.