regular tank VS rimless

spykey

Hi all

I have a tank in a relatively small room where I and my family generally watch TV.  I am concerned that if I change my traditional tank with the canpy (the lights enclosed inside of the canopy) to a rimless tank with the lights exposed I will get a lot of fishtank light that would bleed into the room and interfere with the family watching TV.  How do those with rimelss tanks combat this bleeding of lights?  Just FYI - I have LED lights over a 36 inch tank.

Thanks

I don't have a rimless but I don't run a canopy either. I find that the light bleads but I haven't had issues with it affecting my tv quality which is 20ft away. Late at light the room looks blue though. Especially with all of my lights off in the house.

I don't have rimless but don't use a canopy anymore. I would only be concerned with direct light spill. Could you put that LED low enough to water surface to where there is no direct light spillage? Does hang kit allow for a very small angle towards dry wall? The wife and I used to love the LED shimmer that would be cast onto ceiling. Relaxing. t5 now :(

I think some light fixtures are worse than others. Go to the lfs and look at them. I don't find the kessils to be bad at all. I know what you mean though. I am a canopy fan because I hate to be sitting on the couch and see the blinding light across the room coming from a fixture.

Light bless is what keeps me from getting a rimless, I think rimless look better imo but having all that light without a canopy would bother me.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

my neighbors joke that my house looks like a tattoo parlor at night b/c of the blue light. But it doesn't effect anything with tv watching.

What tattoo shops are your neighbors going to? Hahaha. Never seen an actinic lit tattoo shop personally.

I had rimless with different lighting. Radions then t5 then halide. The spillage was never bad with any of them and did not mess with TV viewing