Suggestions for Anthias trio?

Reefer_Madness

I have a 60g cube full of SPS and non-aggressive fish.  I would like to add a trio of colorful Anthias.  I feed .5mm NLS pellets 4 times a day with an autofeeder and frozen mysis about once a week.  I really don't feel like changing up my feeding regiment if possible. 

Current fish list:

One spot foxface

Bali Picasso

Assessor

Bi-color blenny

Anybody have suggestions?

I think Lyretail anthias can get a little large. My pick will be the sunburst's, Bartlett's or resplendent's

Sunburst. I wouldn't put any more fish in after that.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Just a little observation about the schooling of Anthias. I dropped my lyretails in and they schooled like crazy I loved it. But after a couple weeks in my tank they got comfortable and stopped schooling and still don't school. Anyone else seen this? The lyretails are hardy plus active swimmers. People compare them to goldfish of the sea which is a bummer though

Just a little observation about the schooling of Anthias. I dropped my lyretails in and they schooled like crazy I loved it. But after a couple weeks in my tank they got comfortable and stopped schooling and still don't school. Anyone else seen this? The lyretails are hardy plus active swimmers. People compare them to goldfish of the sea which is a bummer though

Good to know.....

I noticed that also with lyretails and huchtiis (huchtiis are vicious). My bartletts were super peaceful and grouped pretty well together.

But I found schooling is more noticeable in a big tank. In a smaller tank they just kinda all do their own thing.

I've had a trio of Bartletts for about 6 months. The male picks on the two females every once in a while, but for the most part they all hang out together in one corner of the tank and are generally model citizens.They're pretty bold little fish and definitely one of my faves. 

I am going to go against the popular advice in this thread ben and suggest p.dispar or p.pulcherrimus. both are gorgeous, peaceful, and offer wonderful personality to a tank in small groups and even singly. the barletts will get out of hand in a smaller tank like yours especially without specifically designed aquascape for them. the s.latus (fatheads/sunburst) is not a bad option with caves or outcroppings for them to retreat to. whenever clients have tanks like yours with generally peaceful tanks that are not looking to upset the balance these are the species that come first to mind for demeanor/temperament, personality, and stunning appeal.

if you'd like to discuss further or other options when you are ready to purchase, feel free to shoot me a PM and I'd be glad to make it happen. enjoy the research!

Edited by monkiboy