Reeflo Gold Pumps - What the difference?

22bfan

First of all Reeflo's website must have been designed by a 5th grader. 

I'm interested in the Reefo Barracuda/Hammerhead pump but can't seem to find an explanation of what is different between the "Gold" motor and the regular model.  

There is an excel-like flow table for the gold and regular motor here:  http://www.reeflopumps.com/250-500-gallon-systems.html

Only the table for the Gold motor shows avg watts consumed.

As well the numbers in the flow table's seem to differ from the flow chart plot found here:  http://www.reeflopumps.com/flow-chart-all-pumps.html

What is the difference between these pumps?

Thanks in advance!!

the site definitely leaves something to be desired.

did you not have any luck emailing chris for support? typically he is quite responsive in my experience with our client's service or repair part needs.

let me know if we can help in any way or answer questions about other models or manufacturers of pumps that will fit your needs. g'luck!

Edited by monkiboy

I confess, I didn't reach out to Reeflo directly.  

*Disclaimer* I'm in no way bashing Reeflo products.  I plan to buy one of their pumps.  My comment was out of frustration for not being able to quickly obtain info from their website.  I will get in touch with them directly to obtain specific info. 

Thanks!!

The website's always been too simple. Chris, though, is fantastic. Reach out to him and you'll probably get an offer for a direct-purchase discount. The Gold line normally mates a Baldor motor with the pump body. Sometimes you'll get multiple impellers that you can change out to alter pump performance. The Baldor's are typically more power efficient and have  better long term reliability.

Thanks all!!

I just emailed them to ask questions.  Note their website lists Sales@reeflopumps.co.  I assumed this needed to be ".com" so hopefully they receive it.

use chris@reeflopumps.com as he typically will respond quicker there. let me know if you have issues getting a hold of him but he's typically diligent about timely replies.

Already received a reply from Chris directly :)

I'm trying to explain my planned plumbing config but i think visio drawing would work a lot better.  Do you any of you guys know where I can find plumbing stencils to download for Visio?  Tried Watts but they only have stencils for copper applications such as radiant heat. . . . 

Cool, thanks for the recommendations.

I ended up just making some rough stencils in visio to determine scale and equipment placement in my sump closet.

Now to find a good price on a Reeflo Gold Hammerhead/Barracuda. Seems like everyone is right around the $480 mark.

I think somebody is selling a reeflo for around $200 right now, but It might be the dart.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Thanks for the tip!!  

I'm looking for new with warranty.  

Someone on Amazon has the Gold Hammerhead/Barracuda Hybrid for $396.15 + $18.75 shipping.  That seems outrageously low.  

Anyone have experience with Capitol Lighting and Supply?

I messaged them and they stated this is a new in box fully warrantied unit.  

Not sure what to think . . . 

I have a reeflo snapper ew in box from macna.  It will have the full warranty bc Im sure they have that serial number that they sent to us.

Shoot me a msg if you are interested.

I have a reeflo snapper ew in box from macna. It will have the full warranty bc Im sure they have that serial number that they sent to us.

Shoot me a msg if you are interested.

This is what I was talking about

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks but it look like the snapper isn't rated to pump 15' to my display tank from the sump in the basement.  Otherwise I'd take you up on that. 

Interesting.  Reeflo's chart makes it seem like the Swordtail isn't rated for 15'.  I will be running a manifold in the basement along with feeding a few hundred GPH to my 100 fuge/frag tank in the basement as well.  

The Hammerhead Barracuda seems like the safest bet.  

Interesting.  Reeflo's chart makes it seem like the Swordtail isn't rated for 15'.  I will be running a manifold in the basement along with feeding a few hundred GPH to my 100 fuge/frag tank in the basement as well.  

The Hammerhead Barracuda seems like the safest bet.  

What makes you think that their chart makes it seem like it isn't rated for 15'?

Here is their chart:

SWORDTAIL-HP-sheet.jpg

My mistake, I was looking at the Snapper chart.  

I'm no plumbing superstar, so I might be thinking about this incorrectly, but . . . . . 

If my goal is to pump around 1000-1200 gph to the display which is 15' up, as well as pumping 400-600gph through my refugium, as well as running a manifold to feed 3 or more reactors, the Swordtail doesn't seem big enough to make it happen.  

Thanks for all the tips though!!

What do you guys typically target as flow gph through a refugium growing chaeto and caulerpa?  I have a 100 gallon stock tub that will have a sand bed and algae.  As well I was thinking of building an egg crate stand to function as a frag rack.