46 x 30 x 24 Down Sizing

CaptainRon

Coming soon.... taking down my 200 gallon deep dimension and putting in a custom sized tank and stand from Glass Cages with a Synergy Reef Overflow. I'll more than likely make a few other changes to my current system as I build this.

Planning on putting as much of my current live rock and fish as I can into the frag tank and sump. I have very few corals currently so shouldn't have many problems there.

Anyway, that's it for now. Bought the tank, stand and overflow at MACNA and am excited about getting it going.

Sent from my SGH-M919 using Tapatalk

Congrats on your new tank! I'm thinking of getting a tank from Glass Cages too, can I come see your tank when you get it?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Edited by DBL

Absolutely. I've heard their tanks have gotten much better in recent years, so I'm going to give them a shot. Tank will be picked up in two weeks. I won't get it filled until several weeks after that though.

Absolutely. I've heard their tanks have gotten much better in recent years, so I'm going to give them a shot. Tank will be picked up in two weeks. I won't get it filled until several weeks after that though.

Great! keep me posted when you get it. After MACNA my wife finally decided she would like a bigger tank.

• 2 weeks later...

Picked up the tank and stand this morning and started on finishing the stand. Still need to put a urethane coating over the stain.

IMG_20150919_155706.jpg

IMG_20150919_155747.jpg

Shout out to Ron for some softies given tho some school tanks!

Saw the plans for the new tank. Best of luck in the new setup. Stand looks good, Hope it is as expected.

Thanks all.

And you're very welcome Doug!

I think the tank looks great. The seams look good - I think I may need to wait a couple weeks before I fill it since I only ordered the tank at MACNA and it's here already. They even added some extra pieces of glass beneath the eruobrace, on the short sides, to enable me to add a screen on top, at my request.

I managed to get my car into the back yard to make offloading the tank a little easier. It was actually a lot easier than using my trailer to transport the tank from the front to the back.

Ready to offload. I had my Dad, Aunt, Uncle and Cousin over to help out.

20150920_142725-1.jpg

Almost home. Now the real work begins. On another weekend!

20150920_173742-1.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

Ha! The new tank was made on 9/16 so I can't fill it until 4 weeks later. So still have a couple weeks to go. Even tho I could, and should, get the plumbing going, I havent. We've been super busy on the weekends with cubscouts and other things, I haven't even broke the old tank down yet. Pesky job keeps getting in the way of things I want to do :)

It won't take me a year! Hoping to have it and my water station done by the end of the month. Won't be able to do much for another two weeks tho! Busy this weekend and scout pack campout the following. It'll happen somehow :)

• 1 year later...
  • 4 weeks later...

And we have a live tank...

post-2632347-14887469817_thumb.jpg

Next up is new lights.

Sent from my SM-G935T using Tapatalk