MACNA Raffles? Seperate buckets or contests or what?

Reefer_Madness

How is that going to work?  Like our WAMAS raffles?  Each prize has separate buckets?   I hope not.  I know they are raffling off a bunch of left over equipment at the end.  How would that be raffled?

I'm in it to win it, so I need to know the big picture!!  hahaha.  :clap: :clap: :clap: :tongue:

Anybody have a good handle on how this will work? 

Ben

Come and see. It's quite an operation.

There are 5 raffle events spread across the 3 days. 

There's one Friday afternoon. There's another Saturday afternoon. There's the drawing for the Fiji trip at the banquet Saturday evening. There's a short drawing Sunday morning and a final drawing Sunday afternoon.

"Chinese raffle tickets are used" - each sheet has 25 tickets with the same number and a master claim stub bearing that number. The tickets are $1 each and can be purchased in bulk at discounts on the website. The discounted ticket prices will not be available at the show and we'll be taking the offering down off of the website before the show starts.

There are boxes for every item. Each box will show the item being offered and show the date that the drawing will be held. The raffle boxes will be in the raffle area in the Exhibition Hall. The drawings will take place in the Virginia Suites, a floor above the Exhibition Hall. Results will be posted in the app. For most drawings, winnings will be picked up at the raffle claim desk on the same floor as the Suites before the next raffle. If an item is not claimed, it will be added to the final raffle on Sunday. Items won at the final raffle must be taken immediately after the raffle. We won't ship winnings. If somebody wins a big tank that's been donated by an exhibitor, it also must be removed by Sunday afternoon/evening. 

Do you have to be present at the raffle? Would suck for the volunteers if you do :(

No, only for the Fiji trip raffle, which will beat the banquet.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Isaac is right.  You don't have to be present for the drawing, however you do have to claim the prize before the next raffle or else it will be raffled again.  I assume you have the claim the prize in person.

I'm gonna have to have alarms set then  :clap: :clap: :clap:

Heh, just one raffle per day at like 6pm each day except for Sunday, I think.  Banquet raffle is separate, though.  For fiji trip.  As stated above, for that one you have to be present at the banquet to win.

They will be publishing the winning ticket numbers onto the app =)

yay!  now to figure out how to use the app!  naw, just teasing!  Raffles is on the menu already......lol

Edited by londonloco

By the way, we're making plans to open the balcony at the end of the banquet to allow people that don't have banquet passes to be present during the Fiji Trip drawing (which is the last thing on the banquet program). So, it may be possible for a person without a banquet ticket to win the Fiji trip. After the drawing, we'll close out the program and open the hall for an after-party featuring fellow reefer Justin Credabel and his band Incognito Sofa Love.

Also if you are a volunteer but participating in a raffle let me know as I will be there Friday afternoon through Sunday and I can help you claim your prize. 

I guess I can give WAMAS special privileges LOL

What if we win something bulky and have to take the subway home? I imagine some people will be carrying coolers on the subway as it is, so it could be hard to manage other things.