New From Colorado

(edited)

BTW everyone I am currently looking for a place to rent!

Have an unfinished basement that you want to finish but also make some money on?  Or just have an extra room to rent out to another addicted reef keeper?    I am looking for a room/basement to rent that would also allow a largeish aquarium. I am eyeing that 135g Starphire cube.  I am a skilled handyman as well as a reefkeeper of 8 years.  I am 24 years old. I am a Java Developer for REI systems so I will mainly be coming home at about 6-7pm every night.  I am a fairly clean person.  I am fairly nerdy.  I like PC gaming, Frisbee golf, skiing/snowboarding, reefkeeping if that was not a given, and a bunch of other things.  I am a non smoker drug free person. And I love dogs but do not have one.

But If you have a basement I am more than willing to help you finish the basement if you provide the materials. I am very handy from framing to electrical to plumbing. 

not sure where REI is located, but the townhouse next door to me is for rent. they are just finishing up a full renovation. its in stafford county though. again, don't know how far that is from your job. i chose to live here cuz i get a full th for the price of a 1-bedroom up in ffx county. but i don't mind driving. Oh, and welcome to WAMAS!

Edited by aggarza

Welcome

And buy my cube so I can buy more coral...lol

Welcome

And buy my cube so I can buy more coral...lol

I definitely want to.  Currently working out my living situation.  I should be in DC Friday of next week.  Do you have any idea on how to get the stand apart?  This is a major factor for me because I won't have any tools yet out there. I will have to tolerate harbor freight tools until I buy a home next year.

Also, where is the best place to be on the 4th in DC?

You have to experience the dc 4th of July fireworks just once. No more. I had a good view gravel point park. Its next to the airport and walking distance (longish) to the monuments. 

Well I think I have a home lined up.  Just have to go through the application process.

Where will you be living?

Welcome, Seth. 

We have a lot of reefers here in Northern Virginia. The "Sterling" area you're describing sounds like the Cascades. Nice are. You'll like it there.

Best wishes for a smooth move and transition to our area.