New From Colorado

Hello Everyone!

I will be moving to Washington DC from Colorado and am an avid reef keeper.   I have been in the hobby for 8 years and still addicted.   I will be moving here in the next few weeks.

Tanks I have had: 8g biocube, 14g biocube, 29 Biocube, 34.4g custom built, 70g DD, 104g Cube (Current), 120g (Current)

Link to a video of my 120g at 2am: http://vid795.photobucket.com/albums/yy231/diablomaster9045/VID_20150502_213801_zpsjptuntjq.mp4

-Seth

Welcome! Wow! Please bring some of those yellow and orange zoas to this area lol!

lol   thats the plan assuming I can get Gonzo's Coral Frags out here to store and ship my coral when I get a tank set up in DC.

Well that is one way to make sure you make it to MACNA! XD Welcome to WAMAS and to the area!

HAHAHA  yup.  thanks.  yah was helping out at the one here in Denver and it was awesome!

(edited)

An early welcome to DC! Thanks for posting up and joining, a well prepare decision. Nice to have you along. Let us know if there's anything we can assist with sir.

Edited by monkiboy

An early welcome to DC! Thanks for posting up and joining, a well prepare decision. Nice to have you along. Let us know if there's anything we can assist with sir.

Well if you know anyone who has a room or unfinished basement for rent that might help  :)

BTW everyone I am currently looking for a place to rent!

Have an unfinished basement that you want to finish but also make some money on?  Or just have an extra room to rent out to another addicted reef keeper?    I am looking for a room/basement to rent that would also allow a largeish aquarium. I am eyeing that 135g Starphire cube.  I am a skilled handyman as well as a reefkeeper of 8 years.  I am 24 years old. I am a Java Developer for REI systems so I will mainly be coming home at about 6-7pm every night.  I am a fairly clean person.  I am fairly nerdy.  I like PC gaming, Frisbee golf, skiing/snowboarding, reefkeeping if that was not a given, and a bunch of other things.  I am a non smoker drug free person. And I love dogs but do not have one.

But If you have a basement I am more than willing to help you finish the basement if you provide the materials. I am very handy from framing to electrical to plumbing. 

90g. It's been set up for about 2 months now. Too lazy to do a build thread for it. lol

90g. It's been set up for about 2 months now. Too lazy to do a build thread for it. lol

Solid!  What types of corals are you planning?  Or have not decided yet?

I upgraded from my 37g and brought over my corals. It's a mix of corals. Only a few lps though.

And I got a confirmation from Gonzo's Coral Frags on storing my corals for me.  So I will have a bunch of new corals for the area once I get a tank established out there.

Just to list out some. There are a lot I am forgetting:

Zoas:

• Hallucinations
  • WWC Mindsweepers
  • Zoanthids.com Empresses
  • Bowsers
  • CAO
  • CAR
  • CAP
  • Sunny D's
  • Scrambled Eggs
  • AOG
  • Devils armor
  • gobstoppers
  • pink zippers
  • pinwheels
  • spidermans
  • Midas Golds
  • Mandarin Oranges
  • Rastas
  • Red Hornets
  • Blue Hornets
  • Red Hornet morphs
  • Lightning Rods
  • Gatoraids
  • WWC Pink Krakatoa

SPS:

• Upscales Microlandos
  • JF Psammocora
  • JF Mr.Yuck
  • ORA Pearlberry
  • ORA Oregon Tort
  • ORA California Tort
  • ORA Red Planet
  • ORA Green Planet
  • ORA Hawkins
  • ORA Purple Plasma
  • ORA Purple Nana
  • ORA Tri-color Valida
  • Tyree Setosa
  • Tyree Pink Lemonaid
  • CITR Red Dragon
  • ATL Green Slimer
  • ATL Appleberry
  • ATL Ultimate miyagi tort
  • Rommel's Ultimate Millie
  • Barbie Millie
  • Sunset Millie
  • Tequila Sunrise Millie
  • Gonzo's Bonfire
  • Gonzo's Blueberry Humilis
  • Gonzo's Orchid Dragon
  • Gonzo's Purple Shortcake
  • Tubs Stellata
  • GARF Bonsai
  • Raspberry Limeade
  • Macna 2012 Shortcake

Welcome to the club!  I've never heard of Gonzo's Coral Frags.  I just perused their website briefly but couldn't find their location.  Are they local to Colorado or DC?

Also, do you think they would allow a 8g tank on my desk?   :)

They dont care what you have on your desk as long as its not passwords.

Welcome to the club!  I've never heard of Gonzo's Coral Frags.  I just perused their website briefly but couldn't find their location.  Are they local to Colorado or DC?

They are out here in Colorado.  I am going to have him ship out my corals once I get a tank established on the DC side.

Welcome in advance. Nice Zoos list, will be hitting you up for trades or purchasing when you get setup!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Welcome!  Your skills as a reef keeper, handyman AND MACNA organizer will be quite the asset to the club!

:clap: :clap: :clap: