Need help

ddouglass

(edited)

So I don't know where to put this post so I'm going to try here. As you know I have to move out at the end this month (unplanned). I have been told that everything must come off the walls and all holes patched up or no security deposit back. My Radeon light is being held up from the ceiling. I need to take it down but need a back of the tank type of hanging kit. I asked some store friends if they could let me borrow one for a few weeks but they were unable to. So I am asking anyone here if they are able to let me borrow one for a Radeon gen 3 for a few weeks (until I put up the one I have at the other house)? I don't currently have the money to buy one right now. I need to wait until the move to make sure we have money for the new place. If you are able to help please let me know. Thank you.

Edited by ddouglass

Go to the electric isle at Home Depot or lowes. Grab a stick of 3/4 emt and use their bender to put a 90 on your pipe roughly the height you need your light mounted. Buy a couple 3/4 straps and mount them to your stand. Bet you could do that for about 10 bucks.

Go to the electric isle at Home Depot or lowes. Grab a stick of 3/4 emt and use their bender to put a 90 on your pipe roughly the height you need your light mounted. Buy a couple 3/4 straps and mount them to your stand. Bet you could do that for about 10 bucks.

+1 that is exactly I did for mine.

Would you happen to have a picture of said item? :)

Google "conduit light fixture aquarium" and then click "images" to see a bunch of them.

I've lowered it since then and now have a rigged T5 hanging from it as I break my tank down but this is one of many ways to do it.

(edited)

I have a pipe bender at the shop and would be happy to let you use it... heck prolly have some extra conduit laying around too.

Edited by Grav

I have a pipe bender at the shop and would be happy to let you use it... heck prolly have some extra conduit laying around too.

That would be great, where do u live?

Reef escape is where their shop is

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Reef eScape

11141 Lee Highway

Fairfax VA, 22030

(703)261-6996