Anyone got clown eggs they aren't raising?

DaveS

I'm getting my breeding efforts back up and running.  Before I resume raising Chromis, I thought I would give clowns a try.  They are supposed to be easier and grow faster. 

My clown pair can't seem to get things going after many years so I thought I would see if anyone here has breeding clowns and I could get a clutch of eggs.  I guess a requirement is that they are laying eggs on a tile, small rock or other substrate that you could remove from the tank.

Let me know if you have any that you're willing to part with.  I'd be glad to give back a couple of babies if successful.

Thanks.

Dave,

Mine have laid two clutches in the last three months.  When they manage to lay another clutch I will reach out to see if you are still looking for some. 

I don't plan on raising any babies as I have about 50 babies now but I just moved my onyx/snowcasso pair.  Hope they start laying eggs again soon.  I will keep you in mind if I don't end up raising clownfish again.

What do they look like?

DavinciEggs

Later it turns grey and you can even see the eyes of the babies.....  then they disappear..

I don't have any other fishes in this 16G.  I guess the 2 DaVinci clowns ate them ?

Mine are laying consistently about every two weeks.  The current batch are already silver and shiny, so ready to hatch soon.  If you have a larvae trap I can try that or I can try sticking a 3/4" tile in there on a nearby spot.  You're a schlep from my house, but I could pull the eggs out as soon as they're laid on the tile and try to get them to you if they lay on it.

Two occelaris clowns, female is a misbar.

• 2 weeks later...

Bump, still looking!

I've eggs again, probably have the 300 out of 360 days a year.

The DaVinci clowns have them on a LR that can easily be removed.

Let me know if you are interested.

• 1 month later...

Hi Dave

You still looking for eggs?

Mike

Sent from my SM-N900T using Tapatalk

Hi Dave

You still looking for eggs?

Mike

Sent from my SM-N900T using Tapatalk

I would be except I'm doing some travelling this summer. I'll let you know when my schedule settles down and I can raise them. Keep up the good work!