Good Biocube Fuge Light?

rain

Hi everyone,

I was wondering if there are recommendations on a good fuge light for a 29g biocube? I'm getting the intank fuge and was going to put some chaeto in it next to my media basket in chamber 2. Intank is sold out of their 10w submersible light although I could order it elsewhere if that is the best.

Thanks for helping!

Rain

On my 29g biocube, I went with their media basket and the tunze 9002 skimmer.

If I had the fuge instead of the skimmer, I'd go with their in tank 10w bulb. It's only $19.

Hi everyone,

I was wondering if there are recommendations on a good fuge light for a 29g biocube? I'm getting the intank fuge and was going to put some chaeto in it next to my media basket in chamber 2. Intank is sold out of their 10w submersible light although I could order it elsewhere if that is the best.

Thanks for helping!

Rain

Amazon has the same light, under a different name. I bought that one. Now I don't need it. I would give it to you, but it is so cheap it wouldnt be worth the gas for either of us.

I take that back. I bought the one from intank. I tried to find it again on amazon, and couldn't. I know I saw one on there, though; but there was something about it that changed my mind. I cant remember what it was.

I used a eBay water resistant flood light to grow chaeto in my Biocube 14. Just attached some aluminum stock to the back and zip tied the flood light to it. Worked great.

--

Warren

That little submersible light was the bomb, perfect spectrum for macro algae. After my second one broke I changed up and use the jbj nano glow led. Meh, it's ok, grows chaeto. Guess that's good enough.

I picked up the nano glo led and so far so good. Question though. What water level should I keep chamber 2 at in my biocube for the chaeto? Just at the top of it, over it? I have I'd say about 4 inches of chaeto in my intank fuge. Too much? Too little? This is my first go at a fuge. Thanks!!

• 10 months later...
  • 10 months later...

I realize this is an old thread but if people are still looking. This seems like an option. https://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B00X84LMHK/ref=psdcmw_2975458011_t1_B00X84LRCU