Zeovit

TrueTricia

I would like to minimize the time spent doing things on my tank and maximize my time spent just watching it. 

Here you go, Tricia. Just go full screen and enjoy.

http://www.apl.tv/pacific-reef.htm

(I just noticed that they have commercials now. What a pain. It used to be interruption free and peaceful.)

Dealing with the stones and reactor were too much of a chore for me, and this is coming from someone who loves being hands on all the time with my tank. Ugh, and changing the stones.

I'm running a recirculating BP reactor and still using the blue bottles. High light keeps my corals on the lighter side and if I really want, I could still put in a little zeospur. Beware though, when people talk about tank crashes on Zeo, it is probably due to Zeospur, which has copper in it.

There is a large contingent of folks running BP or some other carbon source, plus the blue bottles. Go look at the zeovit forums for more examples of this.

--

Warren

To add to Warren's statement...

For those following and maybe interested in Zeo; there is one product that KZ provides that is extremely effective and can nuke a tank overnight.  Zeospur2

I strongly recommend not to use it until you have 6-12 months experience with Zeo.  I can not stress this enough.  One ml added to a 75g system can be disastrous.

It just became a pain. SPS suffered if one drop was missed or over/under. Basically it started sucking the fun out of the hobby for me. All zeo products are so concentrated and you have to follow their instructions exactly. BUT if you stick to it, it's amazing. My tank never looked better. I also had less xbox1 time lol...

Zeostart is also really powerful. It's the carbon component but like all zeo it's super concentrated. IMHO coral snow is the only zeo product you cannot OD. Keeps water crystal clear and helps make better skimmate.

FWIW, I prefer the minimal time spent on my tank approach. I do 15g w/c every week and wipe the glass with the algae magnet every now and then. I use biopellets and tend to feed on the heavy side. I'm not growing any SPS at the moment though- just a tank full of softies and LPS. Everything is growing though.

I haven't done any water tests other than salinity....

In the end, I would say it is an organized hands on system of running ULNS, with documented methods of tweaking coral color to your liking. I tweaked my setup so that it is still ULNS, but not as much hands on required :)

I still really like coral snow, both amino acids, and zeobak. I would buy those and maybe the smallest bottle of zeospur ;)

--

Warren