12G Long Build

Shoelace

I would just do 2 T5's.

So there may be a change of plans.  I think I am going to save money to get an ATI for my 180G, so I'm going to scale back plans on this nano.  But I agree that I think I will just do 2 T5's.  If I get a fixture that sits on the tank, it will be very close and frankly, at that height, I don't think it matters if you reflectors are German or Chinese  :ph34r: .

I also don't think I want to drill.  Maybe I'm getting lazy.  I think I will use the K.I.S.S. principle and get an Aquaclear 50 and house the heater, etc.

Ugh.  I just looked up the price of the ATI's.  I may not be doing this setup after all.

Has anyone else ever had this problem with reef indecisiveness?   :wacko:  I keep going back and forth and it's hurting my brain.  Then I get guys like Ryan and Mike suggesting things and like, OMG.  Argh!  

So there may be a change of plans. I think I am going to save money to get an ATI for my 180G, so I'm going to scale back plans on this nano. But I agree that I think I will just do 2 T5's. If I get a fixture that sits on the tank, it will be very close and frankly, at that height, I don't think it matters if you reflectors are German or Chinese :ph34r: .

I also don't think I want to drill. Maybe I'm getting lazy. I think I will use the K.I.S.S. principle and get an Aquaclear 50 and house the heater, etc.

You will enjoy the ATI, be prepared for some heat transfer. Unless you're unhappy with the LEDs I would keep them, if it ain't broke, don't fix it. You are trying to keep it easy, why add bulb changes to your maintenance? I think you should drill, personally. Either way, I'm jealous, it's a nice little nano to play with, in a great location!

• 1 month later...

Did you decide on what you were doing? I am looking to build the exact same tank. I am going to drill on both sides, but I am having trouble deciding whether I should use an overflow box or not.

I put that on hold and set up an old cube instead. I found out that Mr. Aqua is coming out with a 22G long and Current is putting out an Orbit LED Pro. Both made me pause before pulling the trigger on the 12g