125 half of sump is live rock

Ati bubble master 2500

Two 150 phons ban with gfo

One pound carbon

4 reefbreeder 24

9 fish

Some snails and hermits

Tanks is sps Lps Zoe's and mushrooms

So here the deal I have brown algee on bunch of rocks blow it off and it's back in 2 days. Also my sps is all dieing and loosing color I'm very confused we did water tests and all where zero any help would be great if u wanna stop by look please any thing would be great I don't loose what I got I'm about 5 mins from quantuim reef3a21d13305473befe5cb217de505126b.jpg1f8badefdeb36eb642f135a877a133d5.jpgb8b29c13458dacb2bb600d766f7ccc7b.jpg617784ba344cb09e5126a54164c554ce.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Just brainstorming...is it a Diatom bloom? What kind of lights? If MH or fluorescent how old are bulbs? Could your ro filter be failing to remove everything?

Why the need for all the liverock in the sump? Why the use of so much phos-ban? What are your nutrient levels?

What are the parameters and what has their trend been over the last 2 months?

If it were my tank, I'd remove all of the liverock from the sump and all of the detritus that's trapped in that area. I'd also take out all of the phos-ban until it's proven that it's needed. I'd then do a large water change and vacuum the gravelbed.

Also the tank was a 110 first with the same less the tank has been setup about 8 months. We have had lots of growth over the past few months but has stopped and levels are at zero

TIME: BLUES WHITES

12:00am......1............ 0

1:00...........1............ 0

2:00...........1............ 0

3:00...........1............ 0

4:00...........3............ 0

5:00...........9............ 0

6:00..........20........... 0

7:00..........30........... 1

8:00..........40........... 5

9:00..........50........... 10

10:00........60........... 15

11:00........70........... 20

NOON........80........... 30

1:00.........90............ 40

2:00.........80............ 30

3:00.........70............ 20

4:00.........60............ 10

5:00.........50............ 5

6:00.........40............ 1

7:00.........30............ 0

8:00.........20............ 0

9:00..........5............. 0

10:00........1............. 0

11:00........1............. 0

Thanks everyone

It's not the lights. You have a water quality issue. I'd start doing water changes every other day. Use a small diameter hose and slowly vacuum all organics off the rock. Make sure your slimmer is working and I'd skim wet until the tank returns to normal. Also check your rodi TDS, your filters may need to be changed

GFO, phosban or other phosphate binders are a sure way to kill off SPS if they aren't added very slowly.

I've never understood why this is....

That being said, how long have you had the GFO running? Have you added new GFO to it? Have you done anythign to your tank recently? I agree with Lord. Water changes are your friend...

Dinos...

I agree with Amuze here.  Have you thought about dinoflagellates?  They're toxic, look like a brown coating, and can really make a mess of a tank in a short amount of time.  Or is it possible that it's more red than brown and you're getting mats of cyano filaments growing all over everything?  Both of those things can grow and be hard to get rid of even if all nutrient levels are at 0.

Black out the tank for a couple days. Also, if it's dinos, water changes will make it worse.

Edited by Amuze