Gold Torch not doing well

Tink

Have a 2.5 year old gold torch that has started doing very poorly. This started almost a week ago, and has slowly gotten worse (well, if you consider 6 days slowly). No alk swings, and everything else is doing fine (SPS, LPS, etc.).

pH 8.1

Alk 9.6 dKH

Temp 75.5-76

SG 1.025

Tried a Revive dip yesterday, but that just upset the coral more it seems. Should I move this to the frag system perhaps? Maybe a Lugols dip?

Sucks to watch your favorite coral die.

You can see the flesh recession in the pictures, as well as a picture of other LPS in the system.

Any ideas?

71f821a45a34e952cd2b6aa116768525.jpg

003030061c3a30904cf103b6a45bebd0.jpg

a48fe8cabb8e38841df05b0e87365e70.jpg

ac53871e70bd70c1dd3d0121ed2838d6.jpg

No changes at all, though the tank did drop 3 degrees about a week ago when a heated had an issue.

Maybe that was it? I'd be surprised though, the tank only dropped to 72

No changes at all, though the tank did drop 3 degrees about a week ago when a heated had an issue.

Maybe that was it? I'd be surprised though, the tank only dropped to 72

Do you have a controller that tracks your temps? 

I don't really have any further ideas. When my clam kicked it, the best answer I got was "sometimes it happens." If it keeps receding, maybe consider fragging it up? I have a few colonies of lps that only had 3 or so heads out of 10-15 heads still alive, and they keep on keeping on. I got them from someone else, so I expect that with time they will grow back over the skelleton again, or maybe not. 

That's correct, and that was a relatively brief event.

I don't believe there's a flatworm issue due to the other euphyllia doing fine. Also, no new adds for over a month or 2.

The coral has been fed in the past. I feed it meaty foods any time I feed them to the fish. The system is relatively low population, only 3 fish.

I've relocated the torch to the frag tank to rule out an environmental issue I hope. It seems to be doing the same.

The only other thing I can think of is you didn't by chance brush up against with your hands did you? Sometimes the euphyllias can be a little sensitive to any oils or anything on your skin.