2-Part Dosing Question

miggs76

I recently switched over to BRS 2-part and I am having a devil of a time getting my numbers correct.  I used reef code before and was dosing about 40 mL in a 24 period (on a timer every hour).  My alk was about 140ppm.  I got the feeling that reef code was stronger before I even switched, but I'm up to 70 mL with BRS per 24 hour period and my Alk is still not at the same level it was before I switched over (about 125 ppm).  It has been about 2 weeks since I made the switch.  I have a 60 gallon cube that is loaded with medium to large SPS colonies.  Mag and Calcium are good (1400 and 420 respectively).

Can you'all post up the size of your tank and how much you are dosing per day if you are using BRS.  Much appreciated.

200g dosing 150ml alk, 160ml ca. My numbers are very low. I can't get my ca over 400. I've been upping the time but it doesn't seem to change. Which reminds me I need to check my numbers tonight. My Alk is 6.5-7dkh.

What is your Mg @? I believe that if your Mg is too low you will have a hard time keeping the Alk and Ca numbers up.

What is your Mg @? I believe that if your Mg is too low you will have a hard time keeping the Alk and Ca numbers up.

+1

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I717 using Tapatalk

500g tank with huge SPS corals and big clams- dosing 42ml/day of Alk at 75% strength and 42ml/day of Cal at full strength. Mg dosed by hand at 1 quart per week. 

This mornings params:

Cal 400

Alk 4.04 meq/l

Mg 1365

No3 <20ppm

P04 < 0.25

I do 23 of each, every hour. Alk on the hour, calcium on the half past. 150 gallons.