Return pump....dc/ac/mag?

Der ABT

ok i just broke my backup pumps volute  (use it for water changes to get the water to the sink in the other room.....So i am thinking i may as well upgrade the one that is used non stop and put the Mag 9.5 thats in there now as the water change one.

havent done much research lately

looking for around 1000-1300 gph with about 4 feet head pressure......dotn really care if controllable or not

anyone with experience good and bad please chime in (espescially on the dc pumps)

last time i was in the market i was looking at

Waterblaster hy5000 i think it was

or i may try the DC route

i think jaebo is making one

waveline/RLSS but i hear many had issues (may have been gen 1)..so how are they now

Coralvue used to make the diablo but seems the discontinued/retired as theybut put it.

any other options i should be lookign into

would love to drop the energy usage a little but again have been happy with my Mag9 for a while (as in close or over 10 years) so may just pony up for another one of those...thinking it rather go low energy since i have the current mag as a backup.

Yea but if they are anything like the power heads I have I would be leary.

I like the Bubble blaster pumps. They are bigger then my ehiem but if you have the room it's something to look into.

I really like my pan world pump. I removed the mechanical fan from it and added a 12v PC fan, driven at 9v. It's completely silent and moves a lot of water. The  Jabeo pumps are definitely interesting.

ATB is switching over to waveline pumps now from rlss.. I would say they are improving tremendously and well worth the money.. Honestly jeabao isn't worth the money. The two wp40 I have 1 runs very crappy no matter what the setting and the other is like a boat propeller and doesn't want to adjust.. I have a dc6000 and haven't had a single issue with functionality and the rust issue is now fixed

I have used mag drive pumps forever, mostly because they are reliable. Have never seen the need for adjustable speed on a return pump. A set GPH pump that is  set up for the gallon flow that you want will do just fine and much less things to break or malfunction.

I have used mag drive pumps forever, mostly because they are reliable. Have never seen the need for adjustable speed on a return pump. A set GPH pump that is set up for the gallon flow that you want will do just fine and much less things to break or malfunction.

I agree, I've had mine for a year and I've used the dial down or up feature all but never.