Where To Get Smaller RO/DI Storage Tanks?

Ryan S

I know where and what to get for bigger systems (100g+), but what about those of you with smaller tanks (<50g) and/or those of you with limited space? What do you use for storing RO/DI water or mixed saltwater?

I use 20 gallon High tanks. Also did see quantum ordered some 20 gallon Extra high tanks that looked good on space. Really the easiest way

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I would love one of the larger containers but have no room. 5 gal buckets with screw lids. I just refill on evening while watching a game. When done stack in a corner

I know where and what to get for bigger systems (100g+), but what about those of you with smaller tanks (<50g) and/or those of you with limited space? What do you use for storing RO/DI water or mixed saltwater?

I use this one.

http://www.plastic-mart.com/product/2460/20-gallon-upright-rectangle-flat-bottom-tank-sp0020-om

They have different sizes:

http://www.plastic-mart.com/category/28/flat-bottom-portable-water-tanks

Edited by jaddc

• 2 weeks later...

You may laugh, but when I had a 34 gallon AIO in my wife's home office, I used a plastic pail ("Fresh Step" kitty litter) which held a few gallons as my ATO reservoir. It fit the cabinet easily and was rectangular so it made great use of space. Since the pail was meant to hold heavy kitty litter material, it was thick and strong. My neighbor had cats, too, so the price was right - free. 

I use a 17 gallon rubbermaid container for my 57 gallon system with a small heater and maxijet 1200 pump for mixing.
You can find a bunch of different shapes/sizes at any Walmart, or Lowes.

You may laugh, but when I had a 34 gallon AIO in my wife's home office, I used a plastic pail ("Fresh Step" kitty litter) which held a few gallons as my ATO reservoir. It fit the cabinet easily and was rectangular so it made great use of space. Since the pail was meant to hold heavy kitty litter material, it was thick and strong. My neighbor had cats, too, so the price was right - free. 

LOL, this was my very first ATO bucket.  For the same reasons, it fit in the cabinet perfectly where it was at the time.

Now I use it to grow tomatoes...using a 18g sterilite container for holding ATO with my current setup.