Your Holy Grail...

ridetheducati

We already have ours! We don't dream about owning thoes expensive fish, especially with our current jobs...

This is another large angel we have kept with all corals, but it was small and moved it before it was large or smart enough to eat the corals. It does know how now though. That is an old pic of our shallow zoa reef.

I think the change this fish goes through from juvi to adult is the coolest of them all by far. : )

af1897796e5a422d1204071c41327255.jpg

Here are some other Holy Grails of fish I know 99% chance I will never own.

ccMFfH.jpg

Hippocampus bargibanti. My absolute favorite seahorse

DWGBlv.jpg

Lightning Maroon

sVQZdX.jpg

Holanthias Fuscipennis Hawaiian Yellow Anthias

Black Tip Reef Shark and Bonnet Head Sharks... I almost built a 4,000+ gallon pond in the basement of my house in Chicago to house the bonnet heads - carried enough concrete and cinder blocks down my basement stairs to build it but never did it.

On a more realistic front, my holy grail fish are ones I have had before... Regal Angels, Blue Box Fish, and Dussimieri Tangs.

Another one I would like to get one day is a GPO. Almost pulled the trigger on one before to be the sole inhabitant of my 300 but it would have been too small a tank for the long term.

Here are some other Holy Grails of fish I know 99% chance I will never own.

ccMFfH.jpg

Hippocampus bargibanti. My absolute favorite seahorse

I think those have been captive bred at Steinhart.

Forgot about this one.  A school would be amazing.  Just need to seal up one of the rooms of the house and fill it with water.

8558974556_bcf979a5d3_z.jpg

Not sure how it is bad that they have captive bred them. Explain?

If it is because you can't get one, that is good news - you keep your quest for the holy grail!

Is the Rich Ross mentioned in the Steinhart breeding article the one that will be at the WAMAS Fall Meeting?  If so, I definitely want to ask about this!

Forgot about this one.  A school would be amazing.  Just need to seal up one of the rooms of the house and fill it with water.

8558974556_bcf979a5d3_z.jpg

I saw a school of them (small) in a cylindrical tank at MACNA last year. Round and round and round they went....

Didn't someone list cross hatch triggers? A pair are for sale on R2R. http://www.reef2reef.com/forums/showthread.php?t=169283

Male and female crosshatch trigger pair

Yes I did, and yes I saw the listing...

One day, when we quit moving every 3 years...I will have a pair when we build a house we will retire in!

P.s. that will hopefully be in 8 years from next month!

• 8 months later...

My dream fish is a simple porcupine pufferfish. I like the idea of the equivalent of a water dog, but I lack the space for the 180+ gallon it would require. I first got into keeping aquariums after seeing freshwater dwarf puffers for the first time and had a trio in a 12G edge for a while before making the switch to saltwater.  In the meantime, I make due with a small blue spot puffer.