Brad's Rimless. MAME. NanoBox. Synergy. Aquarium

brad908

• Replies 287
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

can you post a shot of how the overflow is plumbed

Yea we need some pics of that baby in action.

Took a quick pic before leaving the house this morning. Will take better ones and some sump pics tonight

2489C83D-7240-4C0C-B633-9991898A01BA_zps

Where did you get those living ornaments from? I ♡

They're from an outdoor market here in SF. But you can find them pretty much anywhere. I know west elm sell terrarium globes, then you can go to Home Depot or somewhere and by the cactus/succulents

And what a great shot! Love this build. I kinda want your house. ...

Thanks!

Edited by brad908

To bad the overflow is only built for 25 gallons tops, but super sleek for a nano for sure. Is it as quiet as they say? I'm having trouble figuring out what you're doing for a return?

This tank makes me want to go much more minimalistic.  I am thinking orange setosa and black mollies like an Oriole theme tank or something.  Pick the one coral I can grow, and dump the rest.

How hard is it to get the black mollies on SW?

To bad the overflow is only built for 25 gallons tops, but super sleek for a nano for sure. Is it as quiet as they say? I'm having trouble figuring out what you're doing for a return?

Silent

IMG_0866_zps603eb804.jpg

You see that little circular tube that is open and facing directly at you? Right above the U bend, that is the return.

Dante411 just did it, seemed easy enough

Silent

You see that little circular tube that is open and facing directly at you? Right above the U bend, that is the return.

So in post #78 there is a return pipe running behind the drain pipe I guess? That's pretty sleek, I'm impressed.

So in post #78 there is a return pipe running behind the drain pipe I guess? That's pretty sleek, I'm impressed.

You can kinda see the return line sticking out a little near the top of the pic.

Forgot I had this one on my phone

8BFB68BF-8D68-4D29-BFCA-3F9E2EF3FE32_zps

Edited by brad908

I did it in just a 5 gallon bucket, acclimating over 48 hours (I think?).
They did great on algae and were my little guinea pigs to make sure my tank was safe, but they get beaten up by everything and don't have the sense to swim away or hide.  :blink:

Answering a few questions from various forums in this post.

MAME side plumbing

IMG_7558_zpsccb7f05e.jpg

Livingroom current state..you can see the 4 holes in the ceiling from the failed light attempt haha

IMG_7584_zpsf876a854.jpg

Left angle

IMG_7581_zps0aecdb14.jpg

Sump

IMG_7573_zps2a9ddfc8.jpg

Bored. Chromis

IMG_7567_zpsd523e4ee.jpg

chromis2_zps036269ec.jpg

Even the rental market out here is insane, and we won a war on a town house. We will be moving, just after I got this new one perfectly set up :hammer:

Even the rental market out here is insane, and we won a war on a town house. We will be moving, just after I got this new one perfectly set up :hammer:

Congratulations on the town house, Brad! Hopefully, you'll be able to settle there a little bit.

Congratulations on the town house, Brad! Hopefully, you'll be able to settle there a little bit.

Thanks. Luckily it is only like a mile away from our current place, so the move should be pretty easy. Excited to have a little back yard for our dogs; biggest reason why we wanted to move.

Thanks. Luckily it is only like a mile away from our current place, so the move should be pretty easy. Excited to have a little back yard for our dogs; biggest reason why we wanted to move.

Congrats bruh. Moving on up. What are you going to do with your wall?

Congrats bruh. Moving on up. What are you going to do with your wall?

I think technically this is a move down, even though it is a town house haha. Going to miss being on the water and the open floor plan. Wall will be coming down, the landlord said I could keep it up, but I rather take it down.

We are going tomorrow to the house to talk over everything with the owner, scope out where the tank is gonna go, etc.

I've never seen such a crazy rental market : packed open houses, offering the full year in advanced cash (they didn't care), offering above asking price, pet references, pet visit approvals, etc.

Edited by brad908

(edited)

This will be the new livingroom I have to work with. Put the tank in front of the left window and have a natural sunlight tank?

DC7AD48B-8139-4163-A9F9-FF7AEC1F5BB5_zps

checking out some of her new stomping grounds

7705CCC2-049D-4901-8981-5A7E584E5EB9_zps

127F8755-1B81-4836-9CF0-E1DF4884CCAE_zps

Lease starts October 24, and current place ends October 31.

Edited by brad908

There might be a new wood wall. We will see on the 24th. Wish I had pics of the wall I want it on