brad908

• Replies 287
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Getting wet tonight!!

That's what...

Oh, never mind.

Cool build...what's the full plan for the stand? Are you leaving it open or was that a temp thing? Also, is the sump fully built in or did you leave yourself a secret door to pull it if ever the need arises. I really dig that you went thinner than 2x4 for the stand frame...looks sturdy yet light.

Cool build...what's the full plan for the stand? Are you leaving it open or was that a temp thing? Also, is the sump fully built in or did you leave yourself a secret door to pull it if ever the need arises. I really dig that you went thinner than 2x4 for the stand frame...looks sturdy yet light.

Adding a front panel with magnets. One of the sides is attached by magnets, so it can come off if I ever need to remove the sump.

Adding a front panel with magnets. One of the sides is attached by magnets, so it can come off if I ever need to remove the sump.

I should have guessed this. Judging by the pics inside your pad you're really not concerned with aesthetics at all...har har. Looking forward to seeing it all come together. :-)

Man that earthquake felt a lot worse than the DC one.

All is good here, just water splashing out of the tanks. Napa looks pretty bad though.

Glad things are okay. My cousin who lives in SF slept right through it. Unbelievable.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk

My sisters said it was pretty serious in comparison as well.

(edited)

Yea it was pretty crazy. We were considered inside a red zone.

The earthquake did shake the mame up a little, and now it is almost completely silent :)

Edited by brad908

Glad that all is well, Brad. The largest I'd ever experienced was the 6.6 San Fernando / Sylmar earthquake of February 1971. We were about 50 miles away, though, so I'm sure that it was less than what you experienced. I was just a kid then but remember a plastic model of an F4 (jet) being knocked from it's pedestal on my chest of drawers and falling on me in bed (it was an early morning quake). The quake killed 65 people and injured another 2000, and actually triggered a lot of action upgrading buildings and the building codes in California.

Watch for small tank leaks in the seams of your tank - water or salt creep in areas that there wasn't any before. 

(edited)

I should have guessed this. Judging by the pics inside your pad you're really not concerned with aesthetics at all...har har. Looking forward to seeing it all come together. :-)

should have a pic of the completed stand tomorrow

Glad that all is well, Brad. The largest I'd ever experienced was the 6.6 San Fernando / Sylmar earthquake of February 1971. We were about 50 miles away, though, so I'm sure that it was less than what you experienced. I was just a kid then but remember a plastic model of an F4 (jet) being knocked from it's pedestal on my chest of drawers and falling on me in bed (it was an early morning quake). The quake killed 65 people and injured another 2000, and actually triggered a lot of action upgrading buildings and the building codes in California.

Watch for small tank leaks in the seams of your tank - water or salt creep in areas that there wasn't any before. 

Thank god it happened at 3:20 am, could have been very bad if this happened in the middle of the day as all the damage was to downtown Napa.

This one felt a lot different than the DC one. The DC one was just back and forth shaking, where this one was more of the ground rolling.

Thrilling update, water. Fully running since Friday 8/22 :

IMG_9421_zps162991b0.jpg

Somehow my apex stopped working after my move from DC, so I have another Apex Jr. and bubble magus curve 5 skimmer coming this week. NanoBox light ships tomorrow.

Edited by brad908

:tongue:

Renting a canon 24 1.4 for a trip, took this quick pic last night, no editing or anything

IMG_9629_zpsd9cd13c1.jpg

dat bokeh

(edited)

That picture is all blurry.

Not sure if sarcastic, or not into photography....

You pay good money for background blur. Why would you want anything other than your main subject in focus?

Edited by brad908

haha, that picture is nice.  However, the subject matter is not that interesting.  Where are you traveling this weekend to put the lense to use?

Tahoe this weekend. Then Seattle, packers vs seahawks, canon beach, Eugene for Oregon vs Michigan state, and Seattle

Not sure if sarcastic, or not into photography....

You pay good money for background blur. Why would you want anything other than your main subject in focus?

You asked for our honest opinion.....it is blurry