Thanks for Marcofrags

AlanM

It's pretty nice to feel fine about just dropping frags in your tank without dipping, picking, holding, watching, dipping, squirting, swishing, holding, etc...

Thanks for the very nice inexpensive frags.  Actually small colonies instead of 1" frags of single branches like most of mine started with. 

When they like my tank better I'll try to get some pictures of them and will post alongside the sale thread to show the accuracy of the colors in the photo if that's ok. 

I can say, that the light blue is bluer in person than in the photo.

Now the challenge will be to keep these colors in my tank which is a powerful color duller. 8)

thanks for the post, alan! and thanks for really understanding all the hard work that ERC puts into what we offer our customers. i appreciate your trust in my process and protocol but i tell everyone, please always dip your acropora no matter the source. i'd really like to see comparo photos for sure and in that way folks can see photos from a different camera and lighting to see how the corals look in your system before they are "color dulled", haha. thanks again sir i'm sure they'll thrive beautifully to help fll out some of the new space you're creating!

...but i tell everyone, please always dip your acropora no matter the source....

I think what you're saying here is that you're unable to give a 100% guarantee of no pests.  Even though you practice what you believe are very good treatment and quarantine procedures and are transparent about what you do with them, there is still a possibility of something slipping through.  I got ya.  I understand. 

However, what I'd say is that if you truly are doing what you say you're doing, and I have no reason to think you're not, then a dip by me when I get it home seems redundant and probably pointless.  The point of me buying them from you is that you've done all of the "best practices" already that could be expected of a responsible coral grower, leaving me to enjoy the coral without all that effort.  If I'm expected to take them home and do the same thing, then you're spending a lot of effort for little gain, if you get what I'm saying.

Same thing with the fish you do.  They've been through what no one can say is not a thorough vetting and treatment and feeding and care before going to a customer.  More than any customer would do at home.  But there's a possibility that despite your best efforts, something could happen.  It's a living organism, nothing is 100%. If I buy a fish that has been through your treatment.  It's going right into my tank.  I will not be treating it myself at home.  That's the point.

Not a knock on you, Marco, I really hope you have the energy and success to keep it up because some day I'm getting a bigger tank and will want you to pick over the corals and fish I'm going to fill it with.

Amen, Alan! Also the name of my new band (Amen Alan.) we are industrial metal/punk.

I like industrial metal.  Sounds good. 

(Actually, the industrial that I used to like was more synth-based.  Siouxie, Joy Division, Front242, KMFDM, NIN, Nitzer Ebb, Frontline Assembly, and later on Skinny Puppy, Chemlab, Leatherstrip, etc.)

alittle off topic but near my work there is a place called "Industrial Strength Theater"  Just wanted to share and see if anyone knows what that is.