Good/bad snails?

YHSublime

Great read, thanks coral hind. Zoas look great. I think they are The ones In aquaria, confused with whelks; these are the smaller columbellids and the strombid conchs.

I think Evan (Der Abt) gave me some and mentioned they were good grazing snails. Looks like they've produced rather quickly if this is the case.

They do look like collumbellid snails. They reproduce readily in tanks and stay kind of small.

Rebecca wanted a baby trigger so we now have one.  A Niger about one and half inches long in a 75 gal right now by himself.  Can we trade maybe a zoa frag for a couple of them?  My intentions are to have her/him keep their natural hunting skills so I could use a couple of these. Let me know...oh and a ten gallon guppy/molly tank has been set up.

They do look like collumbellid snails. They reproduce readily in tanks and stay kind of small.

I sure hope that's what they are. I picked up a pair from Evan like I mentioned, probably 6 months ago, maybe longer. Looks like they are doing well. I hope they are, as I don't think my 4 clams would like a whelk. The thought strikes fear.

Rebecca wanted a baby trigger so we now have one.  A Niger about one and half inches long in a 75 gal right now by himself.  Can we trade maybe a zoa frag for a couple of them?  My intentions are to have her/him keep their natural hunting skills so I could use a couple of these. Let me know...oh and a ten gallon guppy/molly tank has been set up.

Congrats on your trigger! They are cool fish. You can have a couple no problem. I threw the ones above in my frag tank, which is covered in algae and has no predators, they will hopefully make some dents, lol.

Yep cullembelid from me...gave you a few in a bag..they are great...actually seen em sold online for a ton money...I have way too many to count

Yep cullembelid from me...gave you a few in a bag..they are great...actually seen em sold online for a ton money...I have way too many to count

They breed pretty readily and are pretty good grazers at that. They leave little 1/8" round egg cases on the glass and on rocks at times. Inside the case, you'll see 6-12 tiny eggs that will develop into tiny snails. It's fascinating to watch if you've got a small handheld microscope.