building 380 gallon tank

Seahorseconservancy

• Replies 231
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Cool stuff! What's the turn around time on that now, about 6 months? That looks like a nice boat!

T W

sorry I posted everything 2 times I thought it was not working and never thought to check page 2, I can be really dumb at times, anyway I don't like the white stand so will cover with wood next, got to avast skimmers get the bio pellet thing next

Very nice.  I imagine your work shop is amazing.  I had a Master chief who had a 800sq foot wood working shop behind his house and it was pretty amazing. 

no my shop and tools are not good ill show on the next seahorse conservancy video, wooden boatbuilding is mostly done by hand so not many good tools my friends that build displays and furniture have good shops, I will try to finish the stand then the light  support next

no my shop and tools are not good ill show on the next seahorse conservancy video, wooden boatbuilding is mostly done by hand so not many good tools my friends that build displays and furniture have good shops, I will try to finish the stand then the light  support next

Actually that makes sense.  He built furniture.  His wife had him on a $800 a month limit on wood..... (not a bad number for you to be budgeted to).  The only tool he didnt have was a lathe.  He saw someone lose a fingure with one when he was younger so he never used it.  http://2.bp.blogspot.com/-8uoR6hGMgeA/U3AumoKlb2I/AAAAAAAAA5I/MIfTP4m67Ag/s1600/lights10.jpg just an idea for your light bracket

3 more legs to go, drinking coffee and Guinness extra stout, not in the same glass? yet

Love me some Guinness.....Are you going to sand the plugs down or keep them hanging out? I assume you have not got to that yet, but it actually looks kinda cool in the picture with them hanging out. Not sure how they look in person.

How thick is the acrylic?  

I love the bent pipe idea for the lights.  Just made me completely change my lighting system - this weekend is a lighting weekend. 

sent in I.R.S. form for non profit, working on tank, the conservancy boat I built

Walt - those do not look alive.  Recommend you ask for a refund.

one more day of varnish then we can see if it leaks?

Walt- that puppy looks like it should be in a maritime museum! Beautiful, must be a 3 Guinness Extra Stout finish.