68 degrees

Carl

:bigcry: So, am I the only one in the area that lost electricity last night around 2am...and am I also the only one without a proper AC backup to keep the tank running?

I woke up this morning to my tank at 68 degrees. :wall: I hooked up my 2 DC/AC 400 watt converters in the car, kept the car running all day, got the circulation going, but they wouldn't run my 300 watt heater.

I got the tank back up to 70 degrees, but no further with a 50 watt heater.

Now that electricity went back on about 30 minutes ago...my tank is now at 70.3 degrees.

So far nothing is floating upside down toward the top of the tank...

I am also one of the unlucky few that lost electricity this moning. Lost a 3 Inch Yellow Tang.... Was able to run an airpump on UPS's for the oxygen, but I guess the stress of the pumps goings on and off for about 10 minutes before shutting down completely, or low temps stressed him out.

In crazy emergency situations, you can heat water, put it in some manner of container and put said containers in your sump -- assuming you've got your recirculation pump going....

We lost power at 4:10 this AM until 2:00 this afternoon.

Fired up the generator for circulation and heat in the tanks.

This is the third or fourth time that generator has saved my butt in major outages, so it's paid for itself many times over.

Our power was out since yesterday around 11am About 20 hours with no power. I was using heated water in bottles and constanly floating them in my tanks. My tank was down to around 70. The fact that I have two 210gal tanks a refugium a 46 bowfront and a 20 long helped keep the room warm for a while, but once the heat left it was hard work keeping it warm. All I lost was a royal grammer. We are buying a generator an getting it installed. I am not going through that again.

I woke up this morning...the tank was up to 75 degrees (it's usually around 78 degrees)...so I returned it from 68 to 75 over 20 hours or so...hopefully that was slow enough.

I don't think anything has died off...couldn't tell with the lights out early this morning when I checked. I had to run out of town this morning, so not sure what is alive and not.

And to top it off, I got a call an hour ago from my wife...she was trying frantically to remove the "snow-storm" of food my 7 year old son put in the tank.

I make food every weekend...put it in an ice cube tray, so my family can feed the tank a pre-measued amount when I'm gone...Needless to say, I forgot to make the food on Sunday, so my son decided 2 hand-fuls should do the trick.... :wall: :wall: :wall:

My electricity and heat was out for about for about twenty hours - I covered tank in a blanket, floated tupperware with hot water and at one point as temperature was heading below 70 I heated tank water on the stove and after mixing it with the colder tank water I added back to tank. I blew bubbles in the tank through a line for some minutes and ran a pump for about ten minutes off a car battery charger for some circulation. Don't know how cold tank actually got as we headed out to a hotel since power company said power would be off for another day (which thankfully it wasn't). Anyways, so far all look o'kay except for one or two frags I had just gotten two days ago which didn't make it. Interestingly, the serpent stars climbed to the top fo the tank. Dano