Frag fest

John Ford

I've never been how does it work?

I know I have a few frags I'm bringing.

Two different frogspawn, two Darth Maul zoas, two mean green zoas, and a whammin watermelon zoa. I wanted to bring more but I haven't had time to break out the gloves and cut. Am I supposed to email or let anyone know I'm bringing a couple frags?

John,

You're going to have a great time. Frag Fest is when all the local vendors donate big colonies or frags of things that are cut up and tossed out to members. It's pretty nuts, but it is super fun. It runs just like all the other meetings, open, socialize, vendors/sales/trading, speaker, frags are handed out, raffle, shut down. Pretty much, give or take the order.

Take what you have and trade with other folks, or sell them, as always, you will see tons of sales up and around this time.

Yes, what Isaac said. It is not a frag swap, but rather a benefit of being a member. Depending on the colonies we get and how big we cut the frags (or how small) you will walk out with multiple pieces. This year we are trying to cut larger frags but in the past with some of the smaller frags people have walked out with 10-20 frags of sps, LPS, and soft corals.

Oh wow. This will be my first frag fest and I am very excited! I told myself no more corals till after the rebuild, but c'mon, who can resist free/super duper savings!!

I gotcha, I might acually add those to the swap program and go and hang out.

I look forward to hearing Colin Foord speak and watching some of the propagating. Last two meetings I've had to leave early because of my boy. He won't make it this time so I should make the whole meet

Everyone is gettting me hyped up. I didnt't plan on going but I might change my mind.

Everyone is gettting me hyped up. I didnt't plan on going but I might change my mind.

Do it!

Filled my first reef tank at my first fragfest many years ago.  I plan to bring some progeny of those guys to be cut up and keep the process going.

I'm going but I'm not sure I'm making the right decision. It's on a Sunday the only day I can go but my son has an all star game for baseball. I am really in a pickle. I just don't know.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'm going but I'm not sure I'm making the right decision. It's on a Sunday the only day I can go but my son has an all star game for baseball. I am really in a pickle. I just don't know.

My opinion: Go with the son's game. FragFest is good to experience, but there will be others. Your son's all-star game won't be repeated. 

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Go to your son's game.

lol, you want your zoa a week early huh??

Wouldn't mind ;)

I'm also excited for FFE!  I can't wait to see what's available, see everyone's faces again, and hopefully listen to another rocking guest speaker (the last one was HILARIOUS). 

I've been really looking forward to this then found out our vacation plans conflict with it so I won't be able to go! :sad:

John,

You're going to have a great time. Frag Fest is when all the local vendors donate big colonies or frags of things that are cut up and tossed out to members. It's pretty nuts, but it is super fun. It runs just like all the other meetings, open, socialize, vendors/sales/trading, speaker, frags are handed out, raffle, shut down. Pretty much, give or take the order.

Take what you have and trade with other folks, or sell them, as always, you will see tons of sales up and around this time.

This may seem like a silly question but since its also my first frag fest, when you say tossed out to members do you mean available for purchase or raffled/given out for free?  

This may seem like a silly question but since its also my first frag fest, when you say tossed out to members do you mean available for purchase or raffled/given out for free?

Given out for free.

Just remeber what was givin away 'free' shouldn't be sold down the road but added to the swap program or passed on free.

Also to thank the vendors who donated the livestock.

Just remeber what was givin away 'free' shouldn't be sold down the road but added to the swap program or passed on free.

Also to thank the vendors who donated the livestock.

Nice to do, but that's not a requirement at FragFest. It is bad form, though, to try to turn around and sell your newly acquired free frags. People will notice and will respond accordingly.

Nice to do, but that's not a requirement at FragFest. It is bad form, though, to try to turn around and sell your newly acquired free frags. People will notice and will respond accordingly.

I figured it was an unwritten rule somewhere :)

this'll be my first FFE, cant wait!! soooo excited.. i have literally been on here for like all day, getting pumped. anyone else have a LIST of things they have to collect from other members at FF? lol