First reef power outage.

AlanM

Mild thunder and power out in Montgomery County. Good thing pepco did the reliability improvements. My outage plan is working though. Started up generator with enough time to get return pump and powerheads on it. Don't need heaters. Should be fine.

Very large outage in our area. Large streets without stoplights. Seems like they will get to it quickly.

This always make me thankful to have underground power. In 5 years here we've never lost power for longer than 3 hours.

Good luck and glad to see you're prepared.

Mine is underground, but consistently goes out. Doesnt seem to help.

NIST has power, or at least reactor does.

Sigh....to add to my list of h-e-l-l lightening struck a tree next to my swing set and the power went out just long enough to flood my floor because my emergency pipe was anything but prepared.....thankfully I was in the basement trying to get kids signed onto the xbox when it all happened...

Is it June yet? SO not a fan of May.....

Hey Alan, I just got power back about 30 minutes ago? You? 

Apparently a tornado touched down at middlebrook and 355. My business partner was at the Taco Bell and said his car and everyone in the line got "shifted" but not picked up as it touched down right on top of him.

Mine is underground, but consistently goes out. Doesnt seem to help.

NIST has power, or at least reactor does.

I'd think that a nuclear reactor by definition would be immune to power outages.

We got some hail that ripped up my banana plants' leaves but no power outage.  Our neighborhood really got in Pepco's face (and all over the news) during our 9 day outage from the derecho a few years ago, so they did a lot of "reliability" work which mainly consisted of butchering trees to resemble cat scratching posts.  At least the power stays on now.

Hah, our reactor doesn't generate electricity.  We do have sizable diesel generators to keep the control systems online and huge UPS systems that carry over until the generators come online and can run for hours if needed.  Shutting the whole place down only takes a few minutes, but startup can take a while.

I'd think that a nuclear reactor by definition would be immune to power outages.

We got some hail that ripped up my banana plants' leaves but no power outage.  Our neighborhood really got in Pepco's face (and all over the news) during our 9 day outage from the derecho a few years ago, so they did a lot of "reliability" work which mainly consisted of butchering trees to resemble cat scratching posts.  At least the power stays on now.