AT LAST Deep Dimension 150 build

Finally started on my new tank after almost a year.  Have it placed in my house and have it plumbed to the basement.  Initial rockwork started on and am building my sump.   Here are some pics.

http://s782.photobucket.com/user/gwweber/library/#/user/gwweber/library/Tankshots/Deep%20Dimension%20150%20build?sort=4&page=1&_suid=139541442628505063902228857602

Had issues with noise in the walls form the amount of water flowing down the pipes but that is addressed and is quiet now.  Will add more pics as I get the sump finished and done.

Using a 125 gallon long tank as a sump. Will have a deep sand bed and lots fuge area.  It will be running off my old sump for a while till my sand bed starts working.   Have a ASM G4++ skimmer.  Also will add my calcium reactor.  Lots of work to be done.

Trying to add my existing tanks to the system this weekend,  To the tang police here you all will be glad that my tangs will finally be able to swim free   LOL.

Have a 90 gallon tank that has been holding all my corals and fish from old cube and a 50 gallon that will be combined.

Edited by gwweber

Added contents of 90 gallon tank except for my hard corals that have been moved to the frag (filled to the brim) tank.  Fish are eating, made many large caves in bottom layer, fish are loving it.  Cant wait to move my other fiush in to their new home.  LOL  150 gallons and three fish in it.  Purple tang, atlantic blue tang and psycho mandrin, pistol shrimp, two cleaner shrimp and banded coral shrimp so far.

24 hours running, lights are in evening ramp down. All fish rehomed but hard corals still in frag tank

well now that tank is running I have to build my new sump. It is running off my 55 gal sump I had on the 90 gal temp tank. Have a 125 gallon 6 foot tank on the ground for a sump. Took a 40 breeder apart and am using that for the partitions on the sump. Going to have a sand bed with macro in half the sump and live rock in the other half. Have a asm G4++ for a skimmer, however also have a back up deltec. As the asm is only 6 months old I may be better with that, but the deltec (which actually came from Steve Outlaw) is pretty nice (had to do a minor repair and find O-rings for it) is supposed to be a better skimmer. SIGH It has a swabie on it. Is there a timer on the swabie or does it run continually. May have to put the swabie on my reefkeeper so it onlyh runs for a few mins every 6 hours or so. Guess tthat will prolong the life of the swabie and sides of the cup!

new movies up on photobucket    latest of tank 2nd am

(edited)

well tank is almost cleared up and fish are at home.

http://s782.photobucket.com/user/gwweber/library/#/user/gwweber/library/Tankshots/Deep%20Dimension%20150%20build?sort=4&page=1&_suid=139541442628505063902228857602

Hard part is starting. Got the sump cheap (You know there is a reason n stuff is cheap, it leaked), had to reseal it. It is a 125 gallon 6 foot. dismantled a 40 breeder fot the dividers for the tank. Where can I

get filter media foam rubber, maybe the stuff that goes in gutters will work. Have one baffle left to install but waiting till I

can get my filter media to decide how to finish it. Going to use a float valve off of my rodi for the ato and am splitting the good

water outlet so my rodi water tank will auto fill too. going to have an emergency drain line on both into amy waste water container My basement requires I pump my water out. Have a septic system so I am digging a cistern (not sure of the real name for it) under my driveway for my waste salt water as I am worried what the salt will do to my septic system.

PS slow internet so pics wont be up for a while still

Edited by gwweber

If you use the IMG tags from photo bucket, it posts to your thread, instead if a link :)

thks I will pursue that

I am quite thrilled, have planned for this cube for a number of years, almost 4 to be exact.

(edited)

Here is a movie on youtube  

Perhaps the water will finally clear up this weekend.  Planning to bring my new sump online this weekend.  The maroon clown spends one third her life in the anemone, one third pushing her mate around and the last third digging all the sand out from under the rocks.

• 2 weeks later...
(edited)

Here is a short movie of my sump work in progress http://s782.photobucket.com/user/gwweber/media/20140408_135828_zps4fdc0ece.mp4.html

Edited by gwweber

(edited)

Here is the latest video of the tank

th_20140414_171952_zps5549cd75.jpg

Edited by gwweber

• 3 weeks later...

Go see the tank in person. Very nice.

Well   all the plumbing is done, andthe tank is finished (excedpot for the crappy looking wiring and spot light on the sump), Calcium reactor up and the fish and coral are very very happy.  GUESS WHAT  found a few aptaisia in the rocks when i moved them.  Not a bad outbrake, so I bought a dozen Atlantic Pepperment Shrimp and A Aptasis eating filefish and they are disappearing. Also threw in a half dozen http://www.reefpestsolutions.com/#!berghia/c1mya and within a week I am hard pressed to find a single aptaisa.  Have not seen the filefish doing his job, but he is really cool looking and does not show any interest in eating my corals, i have a huge amount of pallies in there and was hoping he would nip a few  (LOL)

I installed a 40 watt UV strerilizer on the tank cause while my fish are very healthy, by the end of the day they seam to get a bit itchey. I noticed a large amount of white living specs in the tank that swim around and hang in the light and get more  numerous in the late afternoon and I am trying to reduce the number with the uv running it a few hours in the afternoon.  Seams to be working and the fish are happy I did that also.  All in all, I would say the upgrade is going better then expected and the only issue being the white specs with no coral or fish loss has been great.  Only thing left to do move wise is the frag tank needs to be attached when everything calms down.  I am upgrading my 30 gallon frag tank to a Deep Blue 80 gallon rimless 16 inch deep display tank.  I realy want to have a few Coral (heads) in the tank and have the room to grow out some nice hard corals.  Thinking about using a dual 250 watt MH on that system at first as I wont have a cooling issue cause the tank is in the basement, but I have a pair of led lights standing by in case.  Will try to take a few pics of the sump skimmer etc tonight.

(edited)

sigh    i really  need spell and grammer  check

Edited by gwweber

flooddc your 10 mins away   swing by anytime   19891 bucklodge road