47 year old tank

sen5241b

My Grand Kids, Greta and Teddy wanted to buy me something for my Birthday so our Daughter took them to a LFS where they got me this little sunken ship that bubbles come out of.  They were all excited to give it to me and to them this was the most important thing I could have.  So now, every time they come over, I have to put this in my tank and have bubbles come out of it.  I will take a picture of it the first time I put it in.

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

You guys look great Tom, just like I remembered you. Does your wife still have that tank (That was nicer than yours by the way.)

I hope everyone got all they wanted for Christmas. I did. :cool: Except for that Peace on Earth thing.

Since we are all Italians and I am Sicilian, (born in Brooklyn) we have to make a big deal of eating sea food on Christmas Eve. Every year we go to my Wife's cousins house where us and about 30 other family go for the sea food feast. I don't know how he does it for so many people but it must cost him upwards to $2,000.00 just for the ingredients. He had maybe 15 lobsters, shrimp, clams, calamari, mussels, scallops, red snapper, flounder, king crab legs along with linguini with all that seafood. But all of those seafoods he has prepared a few different ways. Baked clams, fried clams, clams on the half shell etc.

It is by far my favorite dinner of the year. Then with dessert we had my birthday cake. :cool:

On Christmas Day we go to Manhattan to my Daughter's house (not really a house) He likes meat so he makes this crown roast (which I am not that crazy about) then of course we have another birthday cake. :D

Me with a crab leg.

Christmas20Eve2017_zpsien8rrzp.jpg

No, she doesn't. (I was, as you might expect, the keeper of that tank, though.) I got her a jellyfish tank, though. (I'm the keeper of that, too.)

Christmas was good. Though the presents are appreciated, the time with family gets more valued as the years go by. Visiting my son and his wife in their first, new (to them), home was a highlight as was letting him pick up the tab for breakfast this morning. (You gotta let them go through that rite of passage sometime, and today was his morning. It feels good to see them grow.) On top of all that, my youngest daughter received notice of her acceptance to Virginia Tech a little before Christmas. It was her first choice

. Yes, Christmas was pretty good all around - at home at least; maybe not that world peace thing, though.

Ha! You're talking about the Feast of the Seven Fishes! We've been doing that now for about 15 years or so with another couple (he's the Italian) as part of our Christmas tradition. Frank makes the best calimari.... Good stuff.

Tom that is great.  It sounds like you had a great Christmas and that is good news about your Daughter.  I remember when my Daughter got accepted into Fordham.

We Italians are supposed to have 7 different fish, but it normally goes about 27 different sea foods.  My Father had a sea food business so it was normal my whole life.  :cool:

Our Daughter has been married about 7 years now.  We went there Christmas Day and that is the only thing that would get me back in Manhattan as I hate that place.  :ohmy:

Yesterday we went to the east end of Long Island to the wineries, vodka distillery and my new home to see how it is coming along.  I wanted to take more pictures of the beams and rafters for when I move in and change everything around.  I brought my containers to collect 20 gallons of water.  But when I got to my collection spot, I changed my mind.  I walked out on the boat ramp which was covered in ice and the waves were crashing all over me before I even got to where I could collect.  Here is the beach.
Ice%20at%20beach_zpsxehi375e.jpg

I brought my containers to collect 20 gallons of water.  But when I got to my collection spot, I changed my mind.  I walked out on the boat ramp which was covered in ice and the waves were crashing all over me before I even got to where I could collect.  Here is the beach.

Yep, tank would be waiting a while for me too! Had to grab a blanket just looking at it! 

Now this would be REAL MAN collecting.  No Sissy, Girly Pansy Men here. 

You just need one of those little lock de-icer thingies to get in your car

frozen.jpg

Edited by paul b

I almost finished the 3 lights for over the Island in my new Island kitchen.  These are wine barrel hoop lights.
This is one of them I built for a few bucks.

Kitchen20light_zpsasjbe4h5.jpg

This is one that sells for $120.00
I will start on my wine barrel hoop dining room light.

Wine-Hoop-Pendent-Lighting-2_zpszfu43alw

Happy New Year guys. It's 6 degrees F Here now. Man weather.
I drove through Times Square the day before the party but I am so glad I was not there last night when it was 9 degrees. :eek:
Those are mostly tourists who go there.  New Yorkers know better and have seen it before.  9 degrees, no bathrooms and from the street you can't see much. :rolleyes:

Happy New Year, Paul! It's a balmy 20 out my back door.  :thumbsup:  No wind to speak of. Moved some wood up close today and built our first fire of the year. Nice and toasty indoors.

I just starting to take my Christmas decorations off my house and it is so cold outside I seen a Chicken with a Cape-on.

We went to the store this morning to buy food for the week, so we go to the fish department and my wife asks the guy if that salmon is American.   He says "no" .  She asks where it is from.  He says "Alaska".
I said, Well, I think we will take it anyway.  :rolleyes:

House_zpsduxarhuv.jpg

I just starting to take my Christmas decorations off my house and it is so cold outside I seen a Chicken with a Cape-on.

We went to the store this morning to buy food for the week, so we go to the fish department and my wife asks the guy if that salmon is American.   He says "no" .  She asks where it is from.  He says "Alaska".

I said, Well, I think we will take it anyway.  :rolleyes:

Fantastic. You always end up with the best customer service interactions. 

Also, now I'm sad. 

OK, why are you sad?

Bc your grocery store seafood clerk doesn't consider Alaska as part of the USA. 

Bc your grocery store seafood clerk doesn't consider Alaska as part of the USA. 

Might even think it's south of Hawaii (and in the middle of the Pacific). (A vestige of paper maps that used to show Alaska in an inset in that location back in elementary school many years ago.) 

I remember when Pluto was a planet.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk