DuffyGeos 300g DT & 8 TANK FISH ROOM

updates plz.....

I know, I know...but not a lot has been done lately. I have been too busy with work. We finally ran the exhaust vent from the fishroom to the outside (pics later) which was not easy since it took 50'+ of pipe, 4 turns,  3 holes in the ceiling and one more to get out of the house. Final had the ceiling drywalled, and will finish most of the walls tomorrow. I have pics of everything, so I will post them soon.

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Can't Wait!

Neither can I !  This "work thing" is getting in the way again. Got most of the drywall up and taped. I have pics, but my wife is too tired to get them up to my gallery......I know when not to push it too far. :cool:

Neither can I !  This "work thing" is getting in the way again. Got most of the drywall up and taped. I have pics, but my wife is too tired to get them up to my gallery......I know when not to push it too far. :cool:

So I think using Tapatalk app is easier for uploading pics than the gallery.  Click on your reply button, then click on the photo button.  It opens up your gallery on your phone, and you can select a photo from there.  It automatically uploads it to somewhere on tapatalk.  So much easier than loading into my wamas gallery, then copying the URL, then adding it to the build thread...

So I think using Tapatalk app is easier for uploading pics than the gallery.  Click on your reply button, then click on the photo button.  It opens up your gallery on your phone, and you can select a photo from there.  It automatically uploads it to somewhere on tapatalk.  So much easier than loading into my wamas gallery, then copying the URL, then adding it to the build thread...

I will try that later. My problem is I have to get the pics off of a camera, not my phone, put them in a photo file so I can store them, then add them to my WAMAS gallery, then add to my build thread.

I will try that later. My problem is I have to get the pics off of a camera, not my phone, put them in a photo file so I can store them, then add them to my WAMAS gallery, then add to my build thread.

So we've figured out the problem!

You just need to start taking pictures with your phone instead!

We find using Photobucket as your upload location for the pictures to be a bit more user friendly.  Maybe something to look into.  Photobucket will let you simply cut and paste the "Link Codes" into your thread and the pics will automatically populate =).  

That's what I wanted to run you through last time you were here anyway lol... ;).  Stop on back by if you around the area again Ken and I'll give you a crash course =)

So we've figured out the problem!

You just need to start taking pictures with your phone instead!

Look I bought this Nikon D5200 just so I could post some nice pics.....I mean I bought it for work to take job site pics.

Not planning on using phone pics.

Give Tricia some cheato, pods and the 3 anthias you owe me. :cool: :cool:

We find using Photobucket as your upload location for the pictures to be a bit more user friendly.  Maybe something to look into.  Photobucket will let you simply cut and paste the "Link Codes" into your thread and the pics will automatically populate =).  

That's what I wanted to run you through last time you were here anyway lol... ;).  Stop on back by if you around the area again Ken and I'll give you a crash course =)

Thanks, I will take you up on the offer....Now if I can only remember what you tell me.... :tongue: :tongue:

Ken I'm happy to show you some of this stuff too.

Thank you!  There is so much love on this website I just want to cry :cry: :cry:  .....I love you man!!   (even though you are a woman) :tongue:

Thank you!  There is so much love on this website I just want to cry :cry: :cry:  .....I love you man!!   (even though you are a woman) :tongue:

Ha!  I've punched people for calling me a girl before. 

I seriously need to break out my macro lens though and use it for the tank.

Look I bought this Nikon D5200 just so I could post some nice pics.....I mean I bought it for work to take job site pics.

Ken....I have a 5200 too. Are you shooting in RAW or JPEG? Are you (or your wife) doing any adjustments after shooting? If you're shooting in JPEG only you can just transfer the files onto your desktop and upload to Photobucket, Flickr, etc. If you are shooting in RAW (if you are, you probably don't know..haha), you have to convert to JPEG with a post processing software. Nikon supplies you w/ one but there are other more powerful one's available. If you are shooting in RAW, you have to make adjustments as RAW images are flat and assume the user knows to post process. I mean, you don't really have to but you should if you want your images to look right. You can also do some adjustments to JPEGs but they will degrade the file as it has already been compressed and therefore most of the "digital information" has been extracted during the compression process.

Ha!  I've punched people for calling me a girl before. 

I seriously need to break out my macro lens though and use it for the tank.

Sorry Dude

Ken....I have a 5200 too. Are you shooting in RAW or JPEG? Are you (or your wife) doing any adjustments after shooting? If you're shooting in JPEG only you can just transfer the files onto your desktop and upload to Photobucket, Flickr, etc. If you are shooting in RAW (if you are, you probably don't know..haha), you have to convert to JPEG with a post processing software. Nikon supplies you w/ one but there are other more powerful one's available. If you are shooting in RAW, you have to make adjustments as RAW images are flat and assume the user knows to post process. I mean, you don't really have to but you should if you want your images to look right. You can also do some adjustments to JPEGs but they will degrade the file as it has already been compressed and therefore most of the "digital information" has been extracted during the compression process.

Whoa, whoa, whoa!  slow down cowboy! I bought the camera and put it on that nice little green auto button!

Jack I really have not had any time to play with it or even read the directions yet, too many hobbies and not enough time.  And I have a problem of having the WAMAS site up in back of what ever I am working on, so I get pinged every couple minutes on items i follow and I can't resist answering!

I might need a picture taking tutorial lesson. I know how to shake a Polaroid picture!.......does that count? :laugh: :laugh:

That would just be torture for the anthias to live in your 10gboxfullofcoral and wait until this thing is finally up and running!

They're too pretty though. I think I just might keep them ;-P

As far as chaeto and pods go, that I've got by the bucket...

Whoa, whoa, whoa!  slow down cowboy! I bought the camera and put it on that nice little green auto button!

You could have bought a camera 1/10th the price if you're going to do that.... maybe a Polaroid! :)

That would just be torture for the anthias to live in your 10gboxfullofcoral and wait until this thing is finally up and running!

They're too pretty though. I think I just might keep them ;-P

As far as chaeto and pods go, that I've got by the bucket...

They would go in my 55g fish only tank I am keep for fish I can't live without.

How about you sell all of those mp40's you've been hoarding since you're all about the gyre now :-P

Wait for the Gyre, then we can talk :cool:

You could have bought a camera 1/10th the price if you're going to do that.... maybe a Polaroid! :)

I just have not had the time, I will learn to shoot one day, maybe this Winter.

gallery_2633915_1398_20223.jpg

Here is the new exhaust vent that will be run by a humidistat to control humidity in the room.

The exhaust vent was not easy to run. I did not want to have a vent on the front of the house so I had to make 4 turns in total, and cut 3 holes int he ceiling to fish the flexpipe between the floor joists. When we arrived at the spot I wanted to exit I knew we would have to do a little playing around with the deck to even get to the exist spot. So we removed some of the decking boards and located the spot where it would come out. The deck is going to be replace later so was not too worried about the decking.gallery_2633915_1398_21004.jpg

After a few measurements and cuts we had our location and mounted the vent. We then just cut out around the decking boards so the vent could open once they were reinstalled.

gallery_2633915_1398_20301.jpg