Need help port forwarding verizon fils

miggs76

Maybe one of you kind people can help me.  I've contacted apex but all they wanna do is exchange hourly emails.........

Basically I can't access my apex data outside my wifi network....when I'm at work I have no clue if my temp is 0 or 212 degrees.  This just started yesterday after 7 or 8 months of perfection.

The apex guy wrote this to me:

Thank you for your inquiry. I believe I know what's happening. I think the Verizon Router had removed your previously set port forwarded rule.

I've seen this occur before on Verizon routers. You will need to log into your Verizon Router and add it again. I'm unsure why this occurs but it is something I have known to happen to users.

So I went into my fios router and there are all kinds of options which I don't really understand.  There are drop down menus for Source Ports (any or specify), then another for destination ports (any or specify), then forward to port (same as incoming or specify).   I know I have to choose a port number which I have done before. 

Any help is much appreciated as I have no clue when neptune will actually answer their phone......

Thanks Ross...Neptune called me and took care of it....waaaayyyy over my head!

glad you got it fixed, was just going to say you could drop FIOS and switch over to xfinity, I could probably save you some money with faster speed depending on what you have.

glad you got it fixed, was just going to say you could drop FIOS and switch over to xfinity, I could probably save you some money with faster speed depending on what you have.

Thanks Ross...Neptune called me and took care of it....waaaayyyy over my head!

Any tips you learned and could share? I still need to figure this out with my AC3....I'm also on FIOS

Matt..I just did this last week. I forgot which menu it is but you should have your controller in the drop down menu on the screen. Select that. Then your source and destination ports are the same, assuming you're using 1 port for your controller. Then hit apply and wait 30 seconds for the screen to refresh and you're done. It's very easy once you know where to go in your configurations. If no one chimes in, I can direct you to the right tabs tonight.

It wasn't a easy fix....the apex guy remotely logged onto my computer and it took him about 20 minutes to figure out the problem.  I have no clue what he did, but he saved the notes and told me to contact him if it ever happens again.

Matt..I just did this last week. I forgot which menu it is but you should have your controller in the drop down menu on the screen. Select that. Then your source and destination ports are the same, assuming you're using 1 port for your controller. Then hit apply and wait 30 seconds for the screen to refresh and you're done. It's very easy once you know where to go in your configurations. If no one chimes in, I can direct you to the right tabs tonight.

Thanks, I've been lazy as at least I can use my phone at home and logon to do tweaks etc. HOwever, it would be nice to get this figured out and have the full functionaility...even if it's older tech. All tips appreciated! :-)

Thanks, I've been lazy as at least I can use my phone at home and logon to do tweaks etc. HOwever, it would be nice to get this figured out and have the full functionaility...even if it's older tech. All tips appreciated! :-)

See if this video makes sense:

http://www.verizon.com/Support/Residential/Quick-Guides/Port-Forwarding.htm

Where it states put in the IP address of your device..if you already have your controller working in your internal network, it should already be in the drop down menu.  After all that, you'll want to have a dynamic dns because verizon will change your IP every once in a while. I use freedns.afraid.org but I know others that use no-ip.com or dyndns.

Keep in mind that I was setting up a RA but this part should all be the same except for maybe the port#.

I have done it many times too if anyone has any questions.  There is a link within the apex guide that goes to a reefcentral post that also helps.