New to reef ready tanks could use some help

Thai

I recently purchased a new 300dd and will have to build this from the ground up which I've never done before, I have a pump and a 75g tank to build into a sump but when it comes to the plumbing I'm outside my comfort level and lost! Is anyone willing to give me advice you some hands on help?

Also don't hate on me for this but it's a freshwater tank... I believe this is the best place to start for help though!

Thanks in advance

Thai

ok my first piece of advice....join us!!  It is only $20 and it will give you access to all of our member only areas, including the for sale/want to buy/trading forums, auctions, entrance into our meetings and discounts from our local stores and online sponsors. 

There are a lot of members near you that are experienced and can give advice or even lend a hand.....

become One of Us :)

lol...we have a history of fresh to salt conversion around here...it happens very quickly

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk

Come on...what are you waiting for? It honestly can be as simple as fresh if you want it to be - especially if you just want fish! There are some great plumbng experts on here, and several members right near you. You will be set up in no time.

Welcome, become "one of us!"

LOL I just filled out his membership card......

he is now ONE OF US....ONE OF US...ONE OF US....

Isaac...time for you and I to convert him to salt though....ready? 

LOL I just filled out his membership card......

he is now ONE OF US....ONE OF US...ONE OF US....

Isaac...time for you and I to convert him to salt though....ready?

*puts on sunglasses*

Maybe if y'all let me tour your tanks you would have an easier job trying to convert me! As of now though the odds are in favor of fresh!

Maybe if y'all let me tour your tanks you would have an easier job trying to convert me! As of now though the odds are in favor of fresh!

Im about 20 minutes away from you in Arlington. Come on by.

go to Marine Scene in Herndon....use your membership card and get 10% to stock up after you take a look at their display tanks. I GUARANTEE you switch to salt before you leave their store LOL.....

go to Marine Scene in Herndon....use your membership card and get 10% to stock up after you take a look at their display tanks. I GUARANTEE you switch to salt before you leave their store LOL.....

Well...before I get any kind of stock, fresh or salt, I need to get my plumbing situated! Who's down? I compensate in food and or alcohol!

Plumbing is easy once you get the nerve. I was afraid when myself and now I have some pretty crazy setups

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Plumbing is easy once you get the nerve. I was afraid when myself and now I have some pretty crazy setups

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

+ 1, like Legos!

x2, sans the crazy setups, only one here, but all plumbed 100% by me.    I also have fw tanks, 5 of them, downsized last fall.  Do your research, the hardest part was getting over "da jitters". 

Hi Thai,

What kind of FW tank are you setting up? I started in FW 25 years ago and recently went back to it. I now have a 180 reef and a 120 with Discus.

I'm happy to help in any way.

Eddi

(edited)

x2, sans the crazy setups, only one here, but all plumbed 100% by me. I also have fw tanks, 5 of them, downsized last fall. Do your research, the hardest part was getting over "da jitters".

Loni this is thai from CCA as well, I picked up the 72' t5 from you, I loved your fw tanks and setup my own 125 to look like yours after visiting stone center! I'm gonna have to get over the jitters soon since I want this tank up and running ASAP

Hi Thai,

What kind of FW tank are you setting up? I started in FW 25 years ago and recently went back to it. I now have a 180 reef and a 120 with Discus.

I'm happy to help in any way.

Eddi

This will be for an arowana mainly and maybe some datnoids and bottom dwellers, Edited by Thai

Loni this is thai from CCA as well, I picked up the 72' t5 from you, I loved your fw tanks and setup my own 125 to look like yours after visiting stone center! I'm gonna have to get over the jitters soon since I want this tank up and running ASAP

Hey Thai!  So happy the T5 is working out for you and glad you visited stone center, wasn't it fun picking thru the large piles then paying $1.62 for the rock?  And thank you so much for the compliments.  

There are many people here that can help you with the plumbing, pick a plumbing style then ask your ? here.  

Welcome to WAMAS, Thai!

I think it's great that you already know somebody here through your dealings with CCA.

Keep posting questions. I'm going to move this thread over to New to the Hobby forum rather than the DIY forum as I think it's more appropriate to put it there.

What specific questions do you have related to plumbing? Also, since you're down in the Springfield area, you should drop by Quantum Reefs to take a look at their livestock and maybe to get a few pointers on how to set up a tank with a sump. They can be very helpful.