Anyone building a light rack for D2040?

reeferindc

Is there anyone that can build me a light rack for my D2040 LED? I am no good with DIY when it comes to light racks to hang my light from. I am not interested in hanging from my ceiling.

I had an aluminum one that I made then powdercoated. Raised my light about 9" from the water. But I can make then different heights. I will try to find a pic of it tonight.

I confuse yours and the OP's avatars all the time, now seeing you both in the same thread is blowing my mind.

Easy to build one of those just with metal pipes and connectors from the depot.

I had an aluminum one that I made then powdercoated. Raised my light about 9" from the water. But I can make then different heights. I will try to find a pic of it tonight.

I think I want to lean toward the aluminum powder coated. Send me pics please when you get a chance Saltlife. 

Eztube.com i used the 100-120 tubing and it worked perfectly.

Because of my canopy i have it just sitting on my tank frame, but if i had space i could have added legs to raise it. In the future i will drill holes, add eye bolts and hang it.

They did all the cuts for me ($1/cut) and it assembled in 5 minutes with a rubber mallet.

Posted Image

Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

Just curious......why people don't seem to have canopies?  I built one and mounted the IT on a picture frame plexi on top and it shall never get wet.  Have magnetic front cover so it is easy access.  

post-2633730-0-32735600-1393011527_thumb.jpg

lnevo - i'm digging that option. actually looks cleaner than even the ebay mounts they are selling for the evergrows. nicely executed.

I concur!

Because of my canopy i have it just sitting on my tank frame, but if i had space i could have added legs to raise it. In the future i will drill holes, add eye bolts and hang it.

They did all the cuts for me ($1/cut) and it assembled in 5 minutes with a rubber mallet.

ydaje9ub.jpg

pabuhyme.jpg7edagudu.jpg3a9u8e8u.jpg8aheqeru.jpg

WOW!!! that option is amazing Inevo. I love that look even more.

I had the sides cut at 8.5" this lets the 8.2" wide d2040 sit in there nicely. I put some pieces of adhesive felt so that they could slide around without friction and also use up some of the free space. The fins are .625" long so plenty of wiggle with no issues. The stuff is like an erector set and i've seen pics where people have done legs on them. I had a zillion questions for them when figuring it out and they were awesome in responding. I ordered on a Thursday afternoon. They were shipped on friday and i had them on monday. I highly recommend these guys.

Awesome looking. What a great option! The price is very reasonable, too.

When assembled, are the joints / connectors pretty secure / rigid? Would you feel comfortable building a hanging rack from this system?

Inevo, nice build. Do you have any plans to raise the fixture any? Are you worried about condensation or corrosion building up on your fixture being that it's right on top of the water?

This was my build using EZ Tube for my MH back in 2012. It is still currently in use while waiting for my LEDs to come so I can do my build for it.

post-982-0-09647700-1393032806_thumb.jpg

post-982-0-73618600-1393032840_thumb.jpg

post-982-0-16432800-1393032872_thumb.jpg

post-982-0-50729600-1393032939_thumb.jpg

post-982-0-54352500-1393033516_thumb.jpg

Bravanc, first off very nice job on yours!!! You can see you can do much more than i did with this stuff. All i did was order a rectangle :)

Right now I have no active plans to raise it, but my mind has been churning to make some kind of rail to hold it a few inches higher. But right now i want to maintain the ability to pull off the canopy and slide the frame until it hits the wall giving me great access to the tank. Man if i only had a better canopy... :)

My current canopy is not tall enough and opens on the top. I really need to change it to something taller with more room and with a removable front. In the meantime its not that bad theres enough room and circulation that I'm not that worried.

Maybe I can skin an eztube canopy :)

Thanks, My original plan was to skin it too, but I got use to the industrial look. Still need to add the t5 to finish up the fixture. Not sure if you can see it in the pictures but mine are on rails too so it can slide out to maintain and clean. I used a pocket door kit for mine.

I sent this design over to EZ-Tube to construct me a light rack. Any comments or help with my dimensions? I am having a hard time explaining to them over the phone what I want.

Inevo, nice build. Do you have any plans to raise the fixture any? Are you worried about condensation or corrosion building up on your fixture being that it's right on top of the water?

This was my build using EZ Tube for my MH back in 2012. It is still currently in use while waiting for my LEDs to come so I can do my build for it.

That's wicked! Was that just pre fab aluminium that you slotted in together? Similar concept to building my screen door top from Home Depot?

i made a designed using Google sketchup made the measurements, sent it to them via email and they cut it for me and packed it very well with labels.  i then just used a rubber mallet and put it together.