Help - coral dying?

FrankieGee

I moved this coral from the middle of the tank  where it was on some live rock to the lower right and placed it on the sand bed.  Left it there for about 2 weeks then it started losing it's tentacles.  I since moved it to a piece of live rock so it doesn't lose any more of it's tentacles.

Will the tentacles start growing back or will it slowly start losing all it's tentacles.

Also, what's the name of this coral?

Thanks for the help all!

I think it was the sand that killed it.  It was doing great before I moved it to the lower part of the tank.  Before it was in the middle-middle part of the tank and it was THRIVING then I moved it to the lower right sand bed and it started to slowly die.  

It's up off the sand now and doing good but will the polyps come back?  Should I cut the dead coral off so algae doesn't get stuck on it and kill the rest of the polyps?

I have the same problem with my Galaxy but mine was always at the top, never touching sand.

Seems to be ok now but a far cry from it's glory days.  I too wonder if it will ever grow back, Only happy that it has stopped dying.

Galaxeas need to be isolated. I have mine on a rock in the middle of the tank away from everything due to the sweepers. I would suggest passing him along to someone who has room for him.

Sent from my toaster using tapatalk2