Jabeo DC-Pumps, Review???

TheyCallMeMr.703

I'm really thinking about getting one of these, as I Need a new pump now... :eek:

My question... has anyone here had any experience with them yet?? I've read allot of reviews and done even more research, but would like to hear from our own WAMAS Member's... :biggrin:

If you have one, How long have you had it?? And What are you thoughts so far?? And Under how much pressure/Head Height, is it under??

So I got a DC12000 back...a while ago...being that I didn't set up my tank until the first week in November ...it's only been running for 3.25 months...

Observations...

Make as few 90degree turns as possible...as with all pumps this significantly decreases the output...

That's my only issue,lol other than the controllers fan is loud as heck! Louder than the pump...louder than my lights and powerheads all going...(I think I'm going to remove it :( but that is what needs to be done)

Make sure your overflow can handle the push this pump gives..and your good....

I really like it...

The feed function,,well I don't use it for feeding...I use it to do water changes so that's kinda nice...

(edited)

So I got a DC12000 back...a while ago...being that I didn't set up my tank until the first week in November ...it's only been running for 3.25 months...

Observations...

Make as few 90degree turns as possible...as with all pumps this significantly decreases the output...

That's my only issue,lol other than the controllers fan is loud as heck! Louder than the pump...louder than my lights and powerheads all going...(I think I'm going to remove it :( but that is what needs to be done)

Make sure your overflow can handle the push this pump gives..and your good....

I really like it...

The feed function,,well I don't use it for feeding...I use it to do water changes so that's kinda nice...

Woo, hopefully the 1st of many to hear from... :) Thanks. :) Does the Controller really get that hot??

Edited by TheyCallMeMr.703

Nope...hasn't gotten hot at all..I'm going to mount it with some spacers next week...actually didnt think anything about the fan until I went to use the feed button to do a water change and realized the fan had been up against something soft and had not been running for over a month...the fan was hot from trying to turn that whole time but the actual controller was not (and I I didn't have a fire, which was good,lol)

Edited by smallreef

Nope...hasn't gotten hot at all..I'm going to mount it with some spacers next week...actually didnt think anything about the fan until I went to use the feed button to do a water change and realized the fan had been up against something soft and had not been running for over a month...the fan was hot from trying to turn that whole time but the actual controller was not (and I I didn't have a fire, which was good,lol)

Always a good thing. ;)

I too run the same dc12000, and have not really had an issue with fan noise as mine is really quiet thus far. Maybe the mounting difference...idk. I love the flow out of mine.

Cool, Glad to hear. :)

I have two WAVELINE DC6000's on my skimmer. They replaced two Waveline DC5000's that failed after about a year. The failure seems to have been caused by a design defect that reportedly has been corrected in the 6000 series. The 6000 series is also made at a different factory for what that's worth. The failure traced back to overheating of an underspecified component. This is relevant because many of the failures seemed to affect either recirculating skimmer designs like mine (where the pumps were out of the water) or external return pump installations.

The reliability question for the 6000s is still open, but obviously I'm hoping that they've got the problems fixed.

The 6000 controller runs cool.

(Just read monkiboy's comment below. Indeed this review is about Waveline, not Jebao.)

Sent from my LG G-Pad 8.3 Google Play Edition

I have been reading threads for making cables for the wp40/25 and apex. From what I read the dc pumps have the same connector. If that is true then should be same cable. I just ordered the components to make some cables.

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk

I have the DC6000 on a 150, and I wish I had gone larger. Otherwise, no complaints.

most of the reviews here seem to be about the waveline/h20 pumps and the reef octopus. mason, you're specifically considering the jebao dc pumps, correct? i would be interested in feedback on those as well seeing how there are notable differences from what i can tell from the h20 and RO pumps.

(edited)

most of the reviews here seem to be about the waveline/h20 pumps and the reef octopus. mason, you're specifically considering the jebao dc pumps, correct? i would be interested in feedback on those as well seeing how there are notable differences from what i can tell from the h20 and RO pumps.

Yes, that's why I decided to start this one... and plan on getting one here Very Shortly, and will be providing my own as well. :lol2: 

I personally like nearly every detail they make about the new ones, and the controls are perfect, simple and effective. The Slow-Start feature is always a nice thing to have...And now they can be controlled... from a IT Unit ( Apex, etc. ). The price... is far lower then many others in its category as well.  I'm sure we'll start to see them in allot more tanks like our ReefBreeder's LED's, in no time soon. Lol 

Edited by TheyCallMeMr.703