Gary's new tank install build thingamabob

GaryL

So I picked up a tank from saltlife in December. By the dimensions I think it's a 90g but that is neither here nor there to me. I was going to tear down a wall but me and my girlfriend decided that cutting out a window in the wall is a better option.

So far no fish yet, but I'd like to make a column since the tank is viewable from 2 rooms. It is the megaflow design so I cut out the wall so you can't see the overflow portion.

And now some pics...

ugavara8.jpgu6upa8ys.jpgpa9a4u3u.jpgarypy2e8.jpg6a2upu3y.jpgry7e9u8y.jpgupebumeq.jpg4yrygyby.jpg9ysa8u9a.jpgje7yguhy.jpgyjunatu5.jpgrujehuju.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Edited by GaryL

Very nice! I love tanks that span multiple rooms and/or are viewable from multiple rooms. What's on the stock list?

I haven't decided yet. I will think on this and formulate what's best vs what I want. Ie a tang or two. Maybe a crib bled rabbit fish... Who knows. Any suggestions??

Thanks Guys. So i have decided to go BB with a remote DSB. the DSB may or may not be the current cube i already have set up. That would make for a heck of a fuge. i have some evergrows to throw on it. i'm sure i'll make adjustments as needed. so when i get the $$ saved..it may be a vortech tank... not sure yet.  

So I did a little goofing around and laid adhesive and some sticky back flooring but not quite done with the floor yet

. Posted Image

And my awesome Girlfriend painted the trim

Posted Image

• 2 months later...

Posted Imageset up a quarantine for this lil guy who's going in... And currently making saltwater to add sand and fill her to start the rock curing and try to get a big cycle out of it.

I threw some sand in it... Stupid old habit and all lol

Posted Image threw my sump 40b and a uv light in der. Still working on the plumbing thinking about running the overflow through the sterilizer.

Dumb move? Or ?

Also what light should I use for the fuge in the sump?Posted Image

• 2 weeks later...

Threw some more stuff in the tank. In the next few weeks I'll be looking for corals to add

It looks like you have a bunch of stingrays.

lmao I wish