Who's the member for the steel stands? I might put that on my birthday list.

That info will cost you a FRAG :laugh:

• Replies 102
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

OMG mama not happy right now but my daughter loves her new tank. A Deep Sea Aquatic Neo 105 Pro!!!!! We are trying to decide whether to remove the false rock work?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I717 using Tapatalk

Where do I post to vote on removal

Where do I post to vote on removal

Start a new thread and make it a survey. Top right hand corner I believe. I think this might have to be done from a desktop.

Keep the wall! The center overflow box takes up a lot of real estate, but with the wall it seems like it isnt even there. Glue 8-10 monti cap frags to it and it will be sweet. Thats a pretty tank, so are you doing that one in addition to the tech 120 now or getting rid of the 120?

Where'd you get the DSA tank, btw? I was looking for one locally when I got started and was told by our local retailers that it was semi-impossible to ger them on the east coast.

Keep the wall! The center overflow box takes up a lot of real estate, but with the wall it seems like it isnt even there. Glue 8-10 monti cap frags to it and it will be sweet. Thats a pretty tank, so are you doing that one in addition to the tech 120 now or getting rid of the 120?

Where'd you get the DSA tank, btw? I was looking for one locally when I got started and was told by our local retailers that it was semi-impossible to ger them on the east coast.

Need to keep both. We will see. It is suppose to be my daughter's project.

• 2 weeks later...

realy cool looking tank, im not a huge fan of the fake rock work but it really doesnt look bad....

if you go barebottom, paint the bottom of the tank white...reflects soo much more light its not funny, not sure why i didnt do this on every tank ive had. (outside bottome of course...just takes 3 coats to look solid)

id say get rid of that center overflow and drill the back pane :rolleyes: .....its amazing how much room those things take up.

looks really sharp regardless and cant wait to see some water

realy cool looking tank, im not a huge fan of the fake rock work but it really doesnt look bad....

if you go barebottom, paint the bottom of the tank white...reflects soo much more light its not funny, not sure why i didnt do this on every tank ive had. (outside bottome of course...just takes 3 coats to look solid)

id say get rid of that center overflow and drill the back pane :rolleyes: .....its amazing how much room those things take up.

looks really sharp regardless and cant wait to see some water

They should make the bottoms of tanks destined to be bare-bottom out of mirrored glass.

Well I agree on the removal of the back and overflow . Mama is not having it. She just wants to see coral and water in it. I like the new tanks with the PVC bottoms like DaveS build. It will surely get wet this week. The 120 Tech has been banished to the garage. It deserves to be in someone's house.

Mama is not having it. She just wants to see coral and water in it.

She is not the only one. I wish you would just settle on a tank and do it!

It will surely get wet this week.

Talk is cheap and pictures are everything ;)

I'm just busting your chops, but I'm really eager to see all these corals you've been collecting in 1 tank, with some fish, rock, and possibly sand!

Did I miss a sell thread for the 120 by the way?  If you are planning to sell it soon I am going to commence working on my wife about how nice the Tech 120's are and how it would fit right into the hole I currently have a 75 in if I built a new stand for it.

Honestly it is to sweet to be in the garage. The DSA 105 has replaced it in the house. Filling it now with RO water. If i.forested in the 120 Tech send me a PM. Sold the stand but have built a frame for the original design. Just needs to be skinned.

• 2 weeks later...

Well just an update. The 120 is still waiting to be moved to the garage. Rubbermaide in the way waiting on the DSA Neo 105.Filled 105 to circling test had some leaks. Man glad the DSA comes with a PVC sheet lined stand.

Posted Image

Posted Image

The leaky bulkhead I need to use the proper size. Tightened return bulkhead to tank.I think it is safe to start a build thread for this.

• 3 weeks later...

Update worked on the 120 Tech Reef lab today. Trying to decide on return pump. Decided to use the 6ft Giesemann (2) 250watts Radiums and 4 85watts T5s.

Posted Image

Posted Image

You got rid of the back wall?!

No that is the DSA Neo 105 in the house